Friday, November 6, 2020

Card & Tags

Sketches are not always easy for me to use, but I love the current one for FMS.  I had an unused sentiment strip on my table made from a W&W die.  I pulled out the kraft & bronze paper pack I'd used & here's what I came up with.
I've seen other people fussy cut images from patterned paper, so decided to cut 3 leaves from the leftover scrap.  I added a black Pico Embellisher dot to each one.  
The sentiment is from a Christmas die set, but really I think it works year round.  
Next is my tag for Day 3 of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  The berry branch on Laurie's tag reminded me of the beautiful Penny Black Holly Berries die.  
I cut it from wc paper smooshed with 3 green Distress Inks & added Christmas Red Stickles to the berries.  
I trimmed the tag from a panel of white cardstock.  The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter--sure miss that company.

I don't make many scenes, but today I had fun making one on a tag!  I was inspired by Lindsey's tags on Day 5 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  
Totally love the color combo of black, white & kraft!  I cut the Stamplorations tag from Classic Kraft, the SSS Village images from black scraps & the MFT Snow Drifts from white scraps. 
I backed the windows with black cardstock brushed with a shimmer pen, stamped the Winnie & Walter sentiment & added snow with a gel pen.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & SSS Flickr 162.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. Love your card, Greta. The fussy cut leaves are a perfect finishing touch. Great tags too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the FMS sketch, Greta. And wow those tags are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is really lovely, the craft and gold work so well together. I often struggle with sketches too. Great tag too. Congrats on your shout out at TTT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I love your tags too, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so gorgeous and all the tags are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Greta. I love the Kraft and shimmer for Christmas; understated yet so classy. The tag is charming with its delicate foliage and the snowy scene is a fun take on the Season. Inspiring Art. Although I'm a fan of traditional colours at Christmas, I love the monochromatic style you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card Greta, this shimmer on the paper is so pretty! Love your tags too. Love the way you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and tags, Greta! Love the gold shine and pretty leaves on the card! A very pretty tag with the berry branch! And, the tags with the Black and Tan color are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome projects today Greta. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treat to see so many fabulous creations in one post! You put such special touches on each one - the three trimmed out leaves, the amazing smooshed greens (so beautiful!), the glitter on windows of the houses. Love, love, love! (PS I'm so delighted I was able to inspire you in some way.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing results on all 3, card and tags, beautiful touches that up them to another level, wonderful work Greta as always.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it all, Greta - what a great way to use that kraft and copper pp, the black ribbon is the perfect accent for the holly tag and the black, white and kraft tag is just elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cut leaves on that pretty card. Great tags and a cute scene you created. I don't have Covid, thank goodness. My SU gal quit having classes because of it back in February so I don't have anyone to craft with. Wanna visit?

    ReplyDelete
  14. the card is just amazing and the tags are absolutely fabulous, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came to get a closer look at your fabulous kraft and black tag, and found so much more creative goodness. Love them all, but especially that kraft tag. I'll be CASing this at my earliest opportunity. Thanks so much for playing along at The 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the papers of your banner card, and your tags are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta, your card is great! What a wonderful pattern paper to use for it. The tags show your inspiration. I absolutely love the black and kraft! I've already die cut several black buildings and trees this evening due to you and Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! I love your shine on the sketch card, and your tags are so so cute! Thank you for playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all wonderful but I gotta say that kraft, black and white is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.