Monday, July 13, 2020

Leaves & Butterflies

I'm still playing with Yana's alcohol ink marker technique.  My version is simplified & more color block, I'd say.  This time I used my new PFS stamp called Lush Vines to make an entry for PFS July Challenge using the summer theme without the colors.  I stamped in Memento Toffee Crunch & colored with several green Copics & a deep pink one.  Then I white embossed the image slightly offset.  Such a fun look!
To me, lots of green & white says summer--plus the deep pink which I see in lots of hanging baskets in my neighborhood.  I decided on Soft Stone behind the panel & stamped the sentiment from Delicate Wreath in Versafine Morning Mist.  As you can see, I die cut a rectangle window & mounted the panel with fun foam.  The sentiment was a bit small for the opening, so I added the die cuts from Dainty Blooms & a crochet thread bow.  I'm also entering The 30 Day Coloring Challenge & Inkspirational.

I HAD to have MFT Brilliant Butterflies stamp set, but it was still unopened.  When I saw the Twofer Challenge theme is Butterflies, I was determined to use that set.
Here are my 2 very different cards--one for a birthday & one to say hello.  No bling on either one--just liked them as is.  Actually, I think they could both work for a guy or a gal.  Do you have a favorite?
I started with the birthday card as I also wanted to enter MFT Color Challenge.  I picked 2 shades of blue VersaMagic since pigment ink is best on colored cardstock.
The dark is Aegean Blue & the light is Sea Breeze.  The sentiment from MFT Totally Happy & the detailed butterfly layers were stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn.  I used a brown Zig for the splatters.  I'm also entering WAW.
Grab our badge:
The second card uses the same butterfly as the top one on the birthday card.  This time I stamped in Altenew Hydrangea & Wisteria.  The sentiment from PFS Delicate Wreath & the detailed butterfly layer were stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.
I doubled the PTI frame before adding it to the butterfly panel.  I didn't want the thickness of fun foam, so I added 3 layers of cardstock which gave just enough dimension.  No extra postage needed which is always nice.  I'm also entering NBUS & Virginia's Show & Share.
Grab our badge to display on your blog.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


26 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, simply designed in their own beauty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful cards Greta. Your butterflies are incredible. Both butterfly cards are delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful color choices for your butterflies and such pretty cards. That butterfly is lovely. The summer card is colored so well. I did go watch the video and you did the coloring great, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three beautiful cards, Greta! Just love both your butterfly cards and your pretty no-blend vines! Funny - I'm just about to post with that technique so I'm going to link up your card as an example!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta I love these butterflies. Yes they are perfect for either man or woman with the colors and designs. YOu should consider linking up at Twofer, the prompt is butterflies and you already have two cards photographed together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. I made them for Twofer & did link them there.

      Delete
    2. Sorry... somehow I didn't see that part. Glad to see you in the Twofer gallery.

      Delete
  6. Normally, I'm not a huge butterfly stamp person, though I love the ones fluttering around my yard, but you may have changed my mind about that completely with these stamps. They are amazing! And I love how you've used them on both of your cards. The blues and the purples work so well with the other colors you've used too. Seriously pretty cards, Greta! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful selection of card designs and colors Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think you do very well with Yana's technique! I need to give it a try some time! I love the different shades of green and the pop of pink, so pretty! Great design and wonderful window with the sentiment! And, second card with the butterflies are both so beautiful...love both of them! I need lessons from you for CAS cards!:-) Well done, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the cards but the one with the leaves really caught my eye, so beautiful and the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous set of cards, greta! your butterfly cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lush vines are so pretty with the pops of pink you added, what a PRETTY card! And those butterflies are fabulous. I like them both, but the blue ones fluttering across your card are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vines are so beautiful, you have certainly taken the technique and used it so beautifully Greta. Love your butterflies, they are so beautiful even without embellishments.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The green and white card with it's pops of magenta, is so fresh, crisp and summery. I love it on the soft grey background. Butterflies always make me smile and I like both your cards, but you've asked if we have a favourite, so I'd have to choose blue, just because it's my favourite colour. We've had a lot on this week and I've been missing my craft room. Tomorrow is free and I'm tempted to enter the butterfly challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. First I love them all! I had recently told myself that I definitely have enough butterfly stamps until I saw your beautiful cards. These butterflies are so unique. Great color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many sweet and wonderful cards Greta....love your beautiful butterflies but your first card is a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with our July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another pretty threefer, Greta, and I really like all of them!! While I do love both your Twofer butterfly cards and can't pick a favorite of them, I have to say my fave of this post is your first card! I just love that all-over, but still dainty PF design and how you've colored it and I really love the way you did your sediment and added the sweet white corsage! This one is a winner in my book and I'm pinning it! But, again, I do love the butterfly set you used, too, and the way you used them on both your birthday and hello designs! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29 ~ and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG these are both gorgeous!! I don't know which I prefer they are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heck I forgot to mention that fabulous leaf card... It's so pretty and it would even make a terrific Christmas card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, I love these cards! The butterflies are so cool. I was inspired to get out some PTI sets today and fuss with them. Yours remain my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous colors, beautiful cards -- sure winners in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are beautiful! I especially like the first one. But the butterfly cards are so pretty! Can't decide which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your butterfly cards, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this trendy butterfly card, Greta! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.