Wednesday, July 15, 2020

CAS Mix Up July Stencil Challenge Reminder

I'm back as one of the Guest Designers for CAS Mix Up July Stencil Challenge.  Here's another example of the Stencil Tracing technique & I hope you'll be inspired to play along.  This time I inked SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil using sponge daubers with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy & Starlite Black.
Love the subtle shimmer of these inks.  My tracing was done with a dark gray Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pen I recently picked up curbside.  Actually, hubby picked it up.  I love being home making cards, but he gets a little stir crazy.  Always good to have errands for him to do!  Glad I got this pen--easy to use & perfect for stencil tracing.
The sentiment is SSS Painted Hugs die cut stacked a couple high & a Cosmo clear background sticker I attached to white cardstock & trimmed with scissors to the size I wanted.  Lately I'm liking a mat barely larger than my panel, so that's what I used here.  Finished off with clear sequins & another card ready to mail.  I also crossed one more thing off my to do list:  make a card with gray leaves.  I like it so much I'm going to try gray with other colors of flowers.  
I'm entering SSS Flickr Challenge 153 & Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


21 comments:

  1. Really lovely colors and design Greta. Hope you are enjoying the summer weather.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant, lovely colours too. I am with you on the small outline, I always think it looks better. Thanks for designing 2 cards with us this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful two tone card, so crisp and clean. Thank you so much for being among our special guests this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stenciled roses and grey leaves, Greta. Such a nice soft effect and adding the stencil tracing with your black pen really made your image stand out in a soft way...not a pop off the card way! Your narrow black border was a softer frame effect. I have been seeing more narrow borders on CAS card designs. I have been thinking of doing the same type of border. TFS and always inspiring me, my friend. So pleased to have you as one of our Guest Designers this month. Stay Safe and Creative. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and sweet card. Your roses are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those delicate blossoms coming out of the corner, Greta!! Yes, good to have hubs as a little gopher :) Glad to hear you're both doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the design fills the corner and the colors you've used to stencil these flowers, Greta! Having shimmer is an extra plus! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stenciled coral flowers and gray leaves look AMAZING, Greta! LOVE this design. Adding the gray outline really makes the stenciling pop! Beautiful design! Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a pretty stencil! This is a wonderful card Greta. What a guy your hubby is to do those errands for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Greta! I have never heard of stencil tracing, but it looks like you have it down pat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Greta. Crisp, clean and oh so classy. I love everything about this. Stencil tracing is one of my favourite techniques. The coral and grey combo works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Greta, I love the colours, so elegant.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and congrats again on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colour combo here Great and your stencil tracing is perfect! Thanks again for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Greta ...
    Looks great with the outline ....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this one Greta. Your outlining is prefect and what an awesome colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah I'm playing catch up... Haven't been blogging for awhile... Another superb creation for the challenge... So happy to see you guesting... sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. That stencil is perfect for the technique and what a stunning card and I love the pearlescent too x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful. Such a pretty stencil and I love your colour choice. Thank you for being a fabulous Guest Designer this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful design Greta, love the colours especially the grey leaves. Thanks for joining us again this month as our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, this card is absolutely gorgeous, Greta! Tracing your stenciled flowers and leaves made your beautiful color palette pop! I really LOVE this card so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.