Saturday, July 18, 2020

Ellen Hutson & Poppystamps

Another Christmas in July card & this time I used Ellen Hutson Mondo Holly.  My sweet friend, Rosemary, sent me a bunch of the matching die cuts.  I used one of them & gold embossed the beautiful image.
Then I used Altenew wc markers to do the coloring.  I squeezed a bit of the ink from several markers into a palette & mixed to get the shades I wanted to paint with a small brush.  Decided it needed some sparkle, so I painted the berries with Inkon 3 Liquid Pixie Dust.
Blue is often used for watercolor backgrounds, but instead of painting I used a light blue textured cardstock.  The holly was mounted with foam tape & I really do like the look.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped in green.  I'm entering DCD, DRUInkspirational & Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge.
Grab our BadgeGrab our Badge!
The July Poppystamps Challenge is Glim & Glam: Make it Sparkle.  I wanted to try Kathy's Print Making Technique with flowers, so die cut Poppystamps Stitched Bloom Trio several times from wc paper.  I loved Kathy's results & the process looked pretty easy.  I again used my Altenew wc markers, but had trouble getting the right amount of water.  Luckily I ended up with a strip from the panel that I liked.
I also splattered Distress Stain Tarnished Brass on the panel & the blooms.  Before adding the panel to a vanilla card, I added a thin strip of brown cardstock.  The sentiment from Newton's Nook Blooming Botanicals was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn.  Tried several times to get a picture showing the sparkle on the bloom which I painted with Inkon 3 Liquid Pixie Dust.
The gold glitter dot in my stash was just what I needed to finish it off.  Hopefully you can see some sparkle & that the layers are attached only in the center with the petals gently lifted.  I'm also entering Virginia's Show & Share and WAW.
07-20 copyGrab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


22 comments:

  1. Lovely post with fabulous designs here Greta, amazing colours, lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful designs Greta. You know I am agog at the layered yellow bloom. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the holly-beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful and the layering of the second is extra special Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to see that I am the only person looking toward Christmas cards! I love the holly card however both are so beautiful hard to choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cards are really lovely, beautiful coloring and layering ! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. another lovely set of cards, greta! the watercoloring on your first one is so pretty with the gold embossing. the soft watercolor panel on the second one really sets off the pretty layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful cards Greta! The shimmer you added to the holly berries is lovely and your sunny layered bloom is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Greta. The Holly image is beautifully festive with the shimmery berries. Love the bloom on your friendship card. The stitched edges and ombre colouring make it a standout feature. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your holly on blu Greta, would never have thought of that, so very pretty. Love your sunny bloom card and yes! I can see the beautiful shine.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Greta!! A beautiful holly card with lovely shimmer, so pretty! And, second card has a fabulous flower! Love the dimension and wonderful shine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beauties, Greta! Love the delicate coloring on the holly berries for card one and all the bright shimmer on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Christmas design. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Christmas challenge. We hope you will join us often.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful cards Greta. Wow it is too hot for me right now.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layers and the yellow color. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing over at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards, Greta! And thanks also for the beautiful card that arrived yesterday - it's just lovely. I'm so grateful for all the kindness and friendship that CCC brings to us all, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. 2 lovely cards, I am afraid I struggle to get into Christmas much before September but your second card is a stunner, wonderful colours and wonderful design xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Christmas card and that flower is awesome. I just watched Kathy's video, she is so laid back and has so much talent. Your card came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love this pretty flower, Greta! Great background! Gorgeous holly too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Om my I love it!! What beautiful colours in your flower print and that big bloom is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two wonderful cards.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps Challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Greta! That orange bloom is drop dead gorgeous! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.