Saturday, July 11, 2020

Christmas & Friendship

I was so glad to see the theme of Christmas in July for several challenges.  One of those is Gina K Monthly Mix, so I pulled out GK Mini Wreath Builder & Sketched Wreath Builder.
The inks are Brilliance Rocket Red & PTI Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse & Prairie Grass.  It's tempting to keep adding images, but I think this was just enough.  Needed some sparkle, so I added Stickles to the flower centers & berries.
I used fun foam to add my wreath to the Spellbinders Lacey Square die cut & rounded the corners of the square card.  I'm also entering Die Cut Divas & Dies R Us.
Edited to add: Also entering Virginia's Show & Share.
Grab our BadgeGrab our Badge!
Next is another friendship card & I actually pulled out my Copics!  I was immediately enthralled with Yana's no blend alcohol marker coloring.  She's done at least 3 different cards, but here's the first VIDEO I watched.  My first attempt ended up in the trash.  I probably didn't choose the best image, but my biggest problem was figuring out how to shape each area of color & how big to make each one.  So, I decided to try later & moved on to SSS Flickr Challenge 153.  The theme is coloring since there's currently a 30 Day Coloring Challenge going on.  I pulled out SSS Spring Flowers, thinking I'd use my Zigs.  Then I saw the lines of the images & thought I could use them for a modified version of Yana's technique--and it worked!
At least I love it & I've gotten the most likes for any of my cards on IG.  July happens to be watercolor month, so I pulled out a blue Altenew watercolor marker.   Tried the new to me technique of scribbling on a piece of acetate, spritzing with water & tapping on the panel.  It's like smooshing but with a bit more control.  I added splatters of Distress Stain tarnished brass to the die cuts & the background.
The sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages was double stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist & I added gold sequins.  The panel was mounted with fun foam to a white card.  I'm also entering WAW.
Grab our badge:
Covid cases continue to rise in many areas of the US, including ours.  Apparently 130,000 plus deaths isn't enough to make people change behavior, unless someone they love dies.  Very sad that doctors & scientists are being discounted as making mistakes, so we should listen to politicians for public health.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. Two really super great designs Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both so delightful! Love the color choices on the wreath card. Thanks for Celebrating Christmas in July with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I want to try your technique on the second card. Your background and the coloring on the florals is excellent. I'm tired of people rejecting science for "their rights".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Greta for sharing your beautifully stamped Christmas Wreath and your beautifully colored 2nd card. Always fun trying new techniques, but especially fun to be creative while the world around us goes crazy....Stay safe and creative, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beauties, Greta! Just love your delicate wreath on card one and the yummy flower and background on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty wreath card, Greta! Love the scallop frame, too! Gorgeous coloring on your flower card...well done! Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Greta! I like your Christmas wreath and sentiment on the pretty scalloped frame. And your floral card is just marvelous! As of Friday, our county has reached the third level - scary stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering when the Christmas in July challenges would appear and here you are - right on target. Love the scallops and the wreath in the traditional colours. The 'smooshed' background adds a lovely, free form touch to your bloom card . Thanks for sharing two lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your beautiful cards....but your second card steals the show, that flower is over the top gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards Greta and gosh those colours are beautiful.. happy Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, Greta! Such a beautiful color palette. I am starting to think Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are beautifully created cards! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! My goodness what Stunning cards Greta, both are so wonderful in their own way. LOVE your colouring and layering.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas card, Greta. I love the spring flower card. I will go watch Yana's video and see how she did that too. Yours looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Christmas card is just lovely, Greta! Love how you modified Yana's technique to make it work for you! The results are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Christmas card is nostalgic for me, so sweet and festive. I love the blue wash behind your flower on the second card really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta, I LOVE your wreath! And I saw that challenge, but then like so many other things, it just slips right by me (I forget!!) maybe with your inspiration I will give it a go! and I love the flower that you used on your next card, so very pretty! And one last things, my sentiments exactly on your last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  18. REALLY beautiful on both designs, Greta! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two stunners Greta. Love the Christmas Wreath and your second card is incredible. Love the no blend colouring and the gorgeous blue smooshing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely pair of cards, Greta. I love the folksy wreath card which is perfect for Christmas, and the second card is so interesting with the Copic no blend technique! Another one to add to my list of things to try. I'm glad to hear your are staying safe.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are terrific cards. I love that simple wreath design - perfect.
    I think the 2nd card works out well for the "modified" no blend alcohol marker technique. It's a beauty too.
    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Christmas in July" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.