Monday, July 6, 2020

Hello Cards

So glad ITP has another Melissa's Fab Friday challenge.  The "hello" theme is perfect right now since I'm mailing lots of cards to friends.  I have a pack of Fine Linen cardstock that I've barely used, so I started by die cutting a panel with ITP Border Bling: Tin Stitch.
Then I browsed my PTI color combos to get some ideas & pulled out my PTI cardstock scraps.  I used several PTI Gathered Garden dies with Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Melon Berry & Sweet Blush.  I arranged the bouquet, added a blue twine bow, stamped the sentiment from PTI Scripted in Enchanted Evening & added Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  The Enchanted Evening mat made a big difference & only increased the card size 1/4 inch.  I'm also entering Double D Challenges & ModSquad.
 ModSquad Challenge
Next is my homework for the Altenew Academy Quick & Simple Cards, Day 6.  We were to score a frame--something I like to do.  After I made the frame, I stamped the sentiment from Altenew Handpicked Bouquet in Versafine Vintage Sepia & added little splatters of DI peeled paint.
Instead of coloring & die cutting a flower like Laurie did, I finally used the Altenew Painted Fantasy Washi I got on sale along with coordinating dies.  Isn't it beautiful?  Finished off with Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & WAW.
Grab our badge:
Just in case you're wondering, the Corona Virus is NOT 99% harmless.  How is it we legislate that clothes must be worn in public, but legislating the wearing of masks in public is a violation of our rights?  Sad, depressing time in this country.  Very grateful for crafting & my crafting friends. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Greta! I love the softness and the pretty background on your first one and that Washi...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties, Greta!! Just love the tin stitch on card one and the yummy washi on card two!! Take heart and keep wearing that mask!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, stunning designs and colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunners Greta. Love the beautiful soft colours on the first one and the fabulous die cut panel. And fantastic second card. Love the etched frame and the washi die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards ...Greta ...love the flowers ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Greta, beautiful designs! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two cards are breathtaking and so ingenious! I love how you described them, a great post. Thanks for participating in the Double D Challenge, Stitches.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous cards, Greta. The soothing blue/green tones of your first card are great year round. Such a cool deal for a die to match their beautiful washi...nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Greta! Your cards are so, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stitches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Greta! That washi is tempting more and more. My husband and I are still religiously wearing the mask, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card designs and great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. both cards are so pretty! love your sweet little floral arrangement on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely cards Greta. I like the Tin Stitch background for your bouquet. Clever work with the washi. I've never made a scored frame; another technique I'm keen to try. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How VERY Beautiful each card is, so different in colours and techniques, so very clever Greta.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are beautiful, friend! I love how the second card looks like it could have taken days - I would have never known you didn't paint it! Such a stunning way to use washi designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your cards are both so pretty Greta - especially love the washi tape one. how about another analogy - legislating wearing seat belts is ok and against the law not to wear them - and it's for the safety of everyone - and children in car seats also is legislated.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your cards, the first one is a very creative way to do a silhouette. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh they are lovely!! That gorgeous bouquet is washi??? It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an elegant card with beautiful coloring and embossing! Thank you for entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.