Saturday, August 3, 2019

Hot Colors

I started today by taking some roses to the cemetery.  My dad was born Aug. 3, 1916 & my love of roses comes from him.  He's been gone nearly 10 years, but I think about him all the time & can still see his face & hear his voice in my head.  Of course we didn't always see eye to eye, but I always knew he loved me.  He was incredibly positive & people of all ages were naturally drawn to him.  I was blessed to be his daughter.
When I saw the Impression Obsession challenge to use hot colors, I knew I wanted to use the IO Bare Tree Die with a colorful background.  My friend, Betty, is the August GD for Cas Mix Up, so decided to use the paper towel technique.


My Distress Inks are fired brick, spiced marmalade & wild honey.  Betty's right about it taking a LOT of ink to make the technique work.  I transferred the paper towel ink to watercolor paper & made my card from vanilla cardstock--hard to tell from the photo.  I've had the TH Glitter Duster for a long time & had never used it.  I put some Ranger Vintage Platinum glitter into the duster & used it on the tree covered with spray adhesive.  Ended up pushing the tree into the glitter on the paper to get more coverage.  The duster really does just do a dusting.  I distressed the edges of the colored panel & attached the tree after stamping the sentiment from IO Anytime Sentiments in Acorn Versafine Clair.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Edited to add: Also entering Die Cut Divas.
Hot ColorsGrab our Badge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


22 comments:

  1. The hot colours from the paper towel technique look vibrant and fabulous. The tree die cut is so pretty with the glitter and thank you for the information about the duster. Such a striking card Greta and thank you for playing along at The CAS Mix Up challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card with that yummy background and the bare tree, Greta!! Glad you had a happy day remembering your dad; he'll be forever in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you gave the paper towel technique a go, Greta - your card is gorgeous - love the colors and wonderful design!! Your love for you dad and his for you keeps him with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Greta. The tree looks wonderful against the vivid background.
    I'm sure you have many treasured memories of time spent with your Dad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tree and background are beautiful, Greta! Love the rich colors you got from the paper towel transfer and that glittery tree! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! I still miss my Dad too and my Mom. I don't think we ever get over that when we've been blessed with loving parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coverage from the paper towel transfer for your beautiful hot coloured background Greta! The tree is gorgeous over top. Such beautiful shimmer from the glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS design Greta and your Paper Towel Transfer depth of colour is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Greta. And you paper towel panel looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so colorful Greta, the depth of color you got is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "hot" colors and this is beautiful. I'm not familiar with a glitter duster but I can see the glitter so it works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous.i love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning Greta...love those gorgeous colors and your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat technique! I love the colors.. that tree looks amazing over those bold colors! So PRETTY!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. He sounds like a wonderful man Greta. I'm sure he's smiling down at the roses you brought him. You card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card, greta! that sparkly tree looks amazing against the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Dad would be proud of you and your creativity. This is a beautiful card, with its vibrant colours Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The vibrant colours work so brilliantly with the stark outline of the tree and I love the back story about your Father. Beautiful work. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta, This is absolutely stunning. Those background colors are gorgeous. The tree is perfect against the colors. Leaving part of the tree out of the colored panel was perfect. WOW So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "hot" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Greta, so sweet to read your tribute to your dad. I often think about what this world will be like without the ones I love the most...And I can't imagine it. I can only imagine it's the hardest of things...But it's so warming to hear your memories of your sweet dad. Sending big hugs friend. Also loving this gorgeous card...that is some stunning ink blending!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Late to the party, Greta, but wanted to say that this card is simply gorgeous. And, my dad's birthday was August 2nd and he always had the most beautiful flower gardens. Still miss him, even though it's been over 60 years since he died! Your story about your dad triggered many memories for me of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you got a superb result here with that technique... It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so pretty, Greta. Thank you for sharing your memory of your father, I too miss my Dad and think of him almost every day xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.