Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Christmas Puppy Dogs

I'm a doggy person through & through, but seldom use my 2 very old wood mounted doggy stamps.  The Christmas Kickstart theme made me get this one out & finally a card came together.


I also used one of my first stamps from 20+ years ago--the Denami branch--still a favorite!  I love red & kraft for Christmas, so stamped the dogs in Versafine Clair Acorn on PTI Classic Kraft.  The branch was stamped 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation using Delicata Emerald Green.  The sentiment from W&W was stamped in Brilliance Rocket Red & I added Christmas Red Stickles.  The dogs didn't show up enough, so I very carefully added some Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate with a Fantastix tool & darkened the eyes with a brown marker.  Still needed something, so I added distressing with the brown ink around the edges.  Finished off with red & white metallic twine & mounted the panel with fun foam to the red textured card front.  The reds are bright & pretty in person.  I'm also entering Rudolph Days.
My puppy dog is having stomach issues again & we're expecting 100 degrees, so this is likely going to be a long day.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous and is now in the gallery at The Creative Kickstart Challenge! That's what friends are for, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetly festive card. YOur pups are adorable. Hoping Fritz feels better soon, and that you manage to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable holiday card, Greta!!! Hope your pup feels better soon!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is doggone cute Greta!! That's a darling stamp and I like the DeNami pine too. Poor Fritz, hope he feels better. 100 degrees in your neck of the woods, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...this is just too darn cute, what a sweet Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww... what a sweet card, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute - and the border around is wonderful and perfect on the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a charming card with those sweet dogs. Love the red and Kraft and I'm sorry to hear your furry friend is unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pups Greta. Hope poor Fritz is feeling better soon. That heat won't help him at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Beautiful card, love the branch border and those cute puppies. The sentiment suits beautifully. Sorry to hear about your puppy, hope he's better.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, poor Fritz. I hope his is better by now. It is so hard to have you dog sick and the heat doesn't help. This is an adorable card with those sweet puppies. I love how you did the frame around the card. Sending pats for Fritz and snifts from Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about your puppy dog Greta x
    What an adorable card and a cut image. I think your card is super cute and fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super sweet Christmas card! I love the pups on the front! Beautifully done!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super sweet card using the doggy stamp. Reminds me of 101 dalmations. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how sweet! Those pups are so cute!! Sorry to hear about Fritz! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling doggy trio, Greta, and I love how you framed them with pines!! Hope Fritz is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, such a sweet doggie card, Greta! I love the greenery surrounding the edges of this lovely christmas card! Thank you so much for playing along with the August Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Linda, DT
    Rudolph Days Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping your dog is feeling better soon.

    Your card is so adorable. Love the dog image and your pretty card.

    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.