Friday, August 9, 2019

Altenew and Memory Box

I've been wanting to use my very old watercolor crayons ever since I saw THIS card by Anne Thompson last month.  I didn't do her kind of stripes, although I still want to try that.
I scribbled red, orange & yellow on a watercolor panel & blended with a wet brush.  I stamped the sentiment from Poppystamps Hope and Thanks in Versafine Clair Pinecone.  Turns out the ink sits on top of watercolor done with crayons.  Good thing I took a picture before I smeared it with my finger!  Next time I'll heat emboss--live & learn.  I used antique bronze Distress Stain for the little gold splatters & die cut Memory Box Prim Poppy from gold metallic paper--shiny & beautiful in person.  I'm entering Memory Box Challenge, DRUSSS Wednesday & Die Cut Divas.
MonthlythemebadgeImage result for Bright ColorsGrab our Badge
Next is my entry for the August Altenew Challenge.  The inspiration photo & colors are just gorgeous & right up my alley.  My newest Altenew Floral set is Handpicked Bouquet & right now it's my favorite!
I white heat embossed the image & used 2 of my new Altenew inks to stamp the bloom layers:  Baby Pink & Magenta.  The leaf layers were stamped in Frayed Leaf & Forest Glades.  Luckily I had one sheet of cardstock the right deep purple which I die cut with the Altenew Watercolor Stripes Cover die.  I masked off part of the sentiment from the same set & stamped it in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Decided to add some dimension by adding 2 cardstock layers to the die cut which is covered with shimmer mist.
The dots are Shimmer Pico Embellisher which look different depending on the color of cardstock under them.  I'm also entering The Flower Challenge, SSS Wednesday & Uniko.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



27 comments:

  1. I love that color combo on your first card and then you added some gold and it gave it a WOW factor! Beautiful! Your second card is so pretty with that floral design! I really should invest in those beautiful layering stamp sets.. they just make the flowers look so realistic and give them so much depth! LOVE it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing holiday catch up so just popping round to take a peek at your latest creations, lovely as always Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta, both cards are fantastic. Love the sunset feel of the first one...maybe cut out a gold piece and redo the sentiment with embossing to rescue the smear?
    Your Altenew entry is amazing, love the colors and that watercolor stripe panel. I need to remember to pull mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate you had a smear but I think they are a part of stamping life. The card is beautiful. The purple and lavender card is so pretty. The look you got with the crayons is so soft and I love that blend of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous times two Greta! I love the golden blooms on your first CAS card and your pretty shades of purple on your Altenew card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, such a striking design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous set of cards, greta! love the warm background you created on the first one and your take on the inspiration photo on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two delightful designs, Greta! I love the wonderful warm sunset-y colors behind that prim poppy on your first card and the stunning bouquet on your friendship card! Just perfect for the challenges! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm and cool colors on your cards today - how fun to see the contrast! I love that background with the crayons, boo hoo on the smear. Your coloring on the 2nd card is gorgeous and perfect for the Altenew challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hot colours on the first card look stunning and the pop of gold finishes it off beautifully. Thank you for the tip too x. Beautiful second card, with great colours and design. The flower bouquet looks beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards Greta. Like you, my crayons haven't seen the light of day for awhile. Need to remember to use them. Love the gold flowers. And I was blown away with your Altenew challenge card. It is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both, again! are stunning Greta, I love the colours on both, one vibrant the other gentle (to me) colours, GORGEOUS cards. Lovely use of the dies also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two floral beauties, Greta! Just love the gold foil flower against that yummy blended background! And wow - the purple and white stripes look amazing behind that floral bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poppy card does look good. I still can’t get the hang of splatters. They end up everywhere except on the card where I want them. There is abviously an art to flicking!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so pretty Greta! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous cards Greta. I love them both; the bold colours with watercolours are a great foil for the slender gold bloom. Love the stripes behind the delicate pink flower on your second card. It's so cold here today, (about 6C,) that we've had to switch the heater on! Some of my friends in the Eastern states have had 1" of snow! That's rare here. Roll on Spring, I'm looking forward to some sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous combo of stripes and flowers and I live the deep intense colours. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards Greta but I especially LOVE the first one... Those blended colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the die cut background for your pretty pastel flowers, so striking.
    Thanks for linking up at Uniko this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards. Your first card is the entry for Die Cut Divas and I love the CAS style and fantastic background colors with just the flower and sentiment. Stunning. So glad you joined our "hot" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such beautiful cards and flowers, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've always wanted that Altenew background die and really want it now after seeing your card!! It definitely is the perfect shade of purple and creates such a wonderful background for your flowers. Such a pretty card and love the simple sentiment too. So very glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards. Thank you for playing along with the Uniko challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Die Cut Divas and I hope to see many more of your beautiful creations soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.