Saturday, August 24, 2019

Shades of Pink for Birthdays

Before I switch to Fall colors, I wanted to make a couple more girly birthday cards.  I love pink & so do some of my blogging friends.  First up is my entry for SSS Flickr 130 & Allsorts.
I gold embossed SSS Spring Flowers & colored with Zigs Light Carmine, May Green & Pale Green.  The background wash was done with watered down Light Blue Zig.  The gold embossed sentiment is from PTI Meadow Greens.  Luckily I had a sheet of textured cardstock that matched the bloom.  I've been hoarding the gold glitter C&9 cardstock--gorgeous sparkle in person!  Finished with gems & sequins.
Grab our logo
Next is my entry for ITP LFF.  I was inspired by Kelly's card on Day 2 of the release.  It would never have occurred to me to add an oval for a sentiment when using a frame die cut.  My PTI Garden Guild die has seldom been used as it's not easy to cut.  However, I discovered the experts are right--much better to run it through the machine with cut edges facing up! 
The cardstocks are Lovely Lady, Dark Indigo & Soft Stone.  Wasn't totally happy with the look until I embossed the blue panel with a woodgrain folder--such a difference!  The sentiment is made of stamps from PTI Your Beautiful Birthday & Simple Stems stamped in Dark Indigo.  Garden Guild also includes some individual dies, so I cut a flower & leaves from vellum.  I gave them a bit of color by adding Lovely Lady ink to the back of the die cuts & added a blue pearl to the flower center.  The sentiment oval was attached with foam tape. 

A friend & I split the Altenew medium Amour Decals so we could decorate our laptops.  Oh what fun!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



23 comments:

  1. Two pretty cards Greta! I love the elegance of all the golden sparkle on your first one and the wonderful layers of your second. Your laptop looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink also. It works well on both your cards, the green and gold warming the cool tone and the textured navy providing a crisp contrast. Using the Gemini Jr and metal shims has helped me with intricate dies. cool laptop décor too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous and gorgeous! and your laptop looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards with the more girly elements. But the layouts would work for many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous cards Greta. The addition of the woodgrain embossing on the blue was perfect. Really made the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! I love the pink and gold one and how cool to put share the decal with a friend.. it looks lovely on your laptop!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so feminine and so pretty, Greta! I love the pink with the gold and equally love the pink with the navy! I haven't seen those decals before and think that's such a fun idea, as well as being gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super creations for the ladies in such lovely colours, the first so soft and delicate and the second really striking, many thanks for joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at Allsorts challenge. Sorry I've not been round lately, holiday hospital......cest la vie.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Greta. Had to pop over to see what sort of dog you have and Fritz is gorgeous! So sorry that you've lost your lovely Keesha - they are never, ever forgotten are they.

    Your cards are beautiful. The first is my favourite with that delicate flowers and the touches of gold, but I love the second one too and can see how the embossing made it come to life! Brilliant idea to split the decals with your friend - it must be such a pleasure to open your laptop now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards and beautiful designs. The Garden guild die is so pretty and thanks for the tip about cutting up die up. I have that die too and seldom use it for that reason. That decal is gorgeous and what a fun thing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Us pink gals must stick together. To lovely cards. I do like the simplicity of the first card very much. Second card is equally as striking with the blue wood grain background. Hugs Mrs
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to enlarge your cards Greta, then the real beauty of them stood out, what gorgeous details on both,love the pink and gold combo and the blue and pink with the vellum flower is just gorgeous. BOth standout cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a pretty set of cards, greta! love the pink/navy color combo on the second card! those floral decals look amazing on your laptop! the arrangement is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first card is so pretty, that bit of gold glitter paper peeking out is fabulous. YOu''re right that oval looks fabulous holding the sentiment for you die cut panel. Oh and those Altenew decals...great laptop decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The design layout on your first really pretty card is so striking and your card is utterly feminine and I love it x. Such a pretty die cut on the second card and the navy and pink is such a pretty colour combination x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty, pretty cards! Love the gold embossing, glittery background and soft colors on the first. The navy and pink on the second is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my! Two gorgeous cards, Greta!! Your first card is so soft and pretty with lovely touch of gold! And, second card is beautiful with the color combo! Your are right adding the wood grain for it gives it more interest...just perfect...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so pretty - both of them. I also like to enlarge your images, so I can see the fine detail. Love the soft, gold outlines on your first card and the offset gold underneath. The drama of the die cut pink against the navy is stunning. Superb work. As you move toward fall, we are looking forward to Spring down under. The Daffodils are out already. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beauties Greta... I love the pink and Navy and the woodgrain really makes it special. What a great idea to decorate your laptop... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so pretty...love the pink with the navy, really makes for a lovely look.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful creations! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.