Monday, November 19, 2018

More Tags

I'm still having fun making tags for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  On Day 15 Tracey's adorable angel caught my eye & reminded me about the DeNami stamp I've had for 20 years. 
I tried gold embossing the angel, but it didn't show up enough.  My final version ended up with white embossing (Tracey had the right idea--haha) & Distress Oxides fossilized amber, wilted violet & picked raspberry.  The sentiment from 2005 is by Stampendous.
  
My other tag was inspired by Carol's fun ombre trees on Day 17.  I fell in love with the tree in an Ellen Hutson stamp set, but didn't let myself buy it as I have so many Christmas sets. 
Last year I decided to get it anyway, only to discover it was discontinued.  However, a stamper with the set offered to stamp off a few for me.  She stamped & die cut a total of 9 trees on 3 different papers--what a sweetie!  I love my Zigs & it's a great way to do ombre.  The star was colored with a gold gel pen, but decided it needed some sparkle.  That was easily accomplished with a bit of Stickles. 
The tiny snowflakes are from W&W In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals & the sentiment is from PTI Take Three: Winter.  


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. They are both wonderful Tags Greta! The angel is so pretty and I love the design of that tree image, I can see why you liked it! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely tags Greta, thw first with the rainbow colours is my favourite and I am sure I have that stamp somewhere.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sweet. Love that super saturated color from the Distress Oxides for your sweet angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely tags, greta - those colors for you angel are wonderful and love that little tree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...Greta, these are simply wonderful. Love your first tag with that beautiful angel. Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags, Greta - just love the white embossed angel and the sweet tree!! Great coloring too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tags today Greta! I think my late SIL had that DeNami angel stamp too. Your bold inking behind her looks wonderful with the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful set of tags, greta! your ink blending on the first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful tags you made. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tags Greta. Love the angel and the tree is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your angel, Greta, is celestial sensational embossed in white and set against the lovely background! I can see why this particular tree image caught your eye; it's sooo pretty with the feathery branches and in ombre green...oh my! Love it! Honoured that my whimsical trees were a spark of inspiration! Thrilled that you're playing tag with us at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tags, but like you, I just LOVE that sweet tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely tags, Greta! Love the color with the white embossed angel! And, a lovely sweet tree on the second tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a vibrant and wonderful first tag and the most perfect CAS second tag x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The floaty angel looks right at home on the vibrant Oxide inks and that tree is fabulous. The free form look is gorgeous and how lovely that someone stamped some off for you. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're gorgeous!! I love the Angel stamp and the tree is Wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling tags, I admire you making them. I barely have time for the Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous tags! Love your Distress Oxide background and your tree on the second tag.
    Really enjoying taking part in
    25 Days of Christmas Tags
    So much inspiration!
    Susan Renshaw
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.