Thursday, November 8, 2018

Friendship Card & Christmas Tags

Lucky for me, the W&W Color Combo challenge deadline was extended & last night I finally got a card made.  I looked up how to get a peach color & it worked!  I just mixed Geranium Red Zig & Yellow Zig on an acrylic blog--more yellow than red. 
Then I used it to watercolor W&W Mini Scenery: Bed of Roses I had stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne on Bristol paper.  I added in some green to represent leaves.  I used gray Zigs for a watercolor wash frame & splattered with a black Zig.  The roses were attached to a gray panel matted with black.  The sentiment from A Tree for all Seasons was stamped in Nocturne, watercolored with the gray Zigs & attached with foam tape.  I'm also entering HLS Watercolor Challenge, SSS Wednesday & The 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

I also made a couple more tags for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  Tracey's tag on Day 2 inspired me to open my Altenew Layered Laurels stamp set.  It also made me put the Bountiful Branch set onto my wishlist.  It never ends--haha! 
I used Poppystamps Tunnel Tags die & stamped the 4 layers in Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, PTI New Leaf & Spring Moss.  I used Christmas Stickles for berries & gold embossed part of a sentiment from a very old HA stamp set.  The beautiful gold trim tied in a bow was a gift from my sweet friend, Rosemary, & I embellished it with a red Sparklets gem that matches the Stickles.  I'm also entering Retro Rubber (sentiment from 2007) & Time Out.

Lots of wonderful tags to case so far in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  Zsofia's double tags on Day 5 immediately caught my eye.  I love the festive & elegant look of the black, white & gold.  Again my version uses Poppystamps Tunnel tags die.  I got an MFT Christmas sentiment set a long time ago, but don't think I've used this one.  It fit perfectly & I love how it looks embossed in gold.
I used punches to make the black reinforcer & tied on a couple different twines.  I'm also entering HLS Christmas challenge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful job coloring those roses, Greta, and both your tags are sensational! I love the simple perfection!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came to compliment your coloring on those roses. But leaving infatuated with that classy B/W tag! Wowzers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed of roses are gorgeous Greta. Perfection on the peachy shades. I love it paired with gray. YOur tags are fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of your eye catching tags. Very clever to make your own peach color and it looks so pretty on the roses. Such a lovely card that is. Peach is not a color you often see in stamping and I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all fantastic creations, Greta - the peachy roses are so soft and pretty and those tags will be lovely on your Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and two wonderful tags! I love the grey mat on your roses card; like a framed work of art :) Thank you for playing along in my coloring challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful makes, Greta. Especially love your tags, as I'm all about the tags this month.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta...so many beautiful creations! Love your final tag, so elegant! Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your subtle colouring with the roses background, it's such a beautiful card! And you have reminded me that I have only made one tag so far this year.... for some reason I tend to remember that I 'need' them when I am wrapping lol. Maybe I should get started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great selection of creations, Greta. Lovely card and beautiful Christmas tags. Kisses, my talented friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the beautiful card and those tags are gorgeous too! So festive looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! you nailed the peach color on your pretty roses card! The gray frame really brought out the color, didn't it? The tags are darling especially the elegant b/w/gold one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and what a stunning rose stamp. Great colours and great splats.
    Both tags are wonderfully CAS and so very elegant X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, you nailed the peach color, this is a PRETTY card! Love your tags too. Both have a wonderful CAS look to them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your card and tags are all absolute show stoppers, greta! the coloring on the card is perfection and the tags... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm plating catch up Greta, not sure where my week went. Love the Roses on the first card but the double tags are lovely and the gold and black very striking.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, those roses are gorgeous and colored so pretty, Greta! And, your tags are perfect, so lovely! I’ve seen lots of wonderful tags lately and now seeing yours it inspires me to make more tags!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The peach card is wonderful! And aazing tags!! Looks like you are way ahead for Christmas my friend... Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects and tags Greta, love your entry to our RETRO RUBBER challenge, this tag will look absolutely lovely on any Christmas gift, lucky person who'll receive it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your rose panel is so softly and beautifully coloured, Greta ... and both tags are delicious! One crisp and graphic, the other elegant and stylish with that lovely layered stamping of those laurel leaves and the red/gold highlights! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is soooo PRETTY Greta! Love the way you colored it and your tags are super cute! Great for gift giving!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card with the roses background, Greta, and I love your tags too!! The delicate branch looks amazing and I love the double tag on the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your works....especially the "have a jolly season" tag with the black and white stripe on it. PRETTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one sweet card and I love your adorable tag too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, so pretty card and tags! You got some beautiful colors on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I came to comment on your Retro Rubber entry, but everything you have made in this post is gorgeous, so I am just going to say, i love it all :) Thanks for joining us over at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with Claire, everything is gorgeous, but your Retro Rubber tag is stunning! I wouldn't want to put that on a gift and have it tossed...I'd have to frame it! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at Retro Rubber! I hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card, love the rose background and the tags are fab too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card and tags! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh that peach is lovely!! Such a perfect color for the sweet blooms. And the tags are both of your tags so much! Love the b+w+gold combo! I hear ya on the never-ending list front, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely tags! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card. Wonderful colors, very feminine character.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at HLS Watercolor.
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.