Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Winnie and Walter

Didn't want to miss the Winnie & Walter challenges that are ending soon.  First up is my September Color Combo entry.  
I don't have any really good peach inks, so decided to try & make my own.  Basically, I just mixed 4 Distress Inks (spiced marmalade, picked raspberry, wild honey & scattered straw) with my waterbrush until I was happy.  Then I brushed it onto a scrap of watercolor paper starting dark at the top & getting lighter toward the bottom for an ombre effect. 
The tree & leaves from A Tree for all Seasons were stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray & PTI New Leaf.  Then I used a wet brush over the circle of leaves, purposely making the outer edge uneven.  After it dried I restamped in the same ink & used my old Spellbinders rectangle to die cut & emboss the panel.  PTI Tiny Tags was used for the sentiment which I tied on with gray twine.  The panel was mounted with foam tape to the scalloped Spellbinders rectangle cut from PTI Weathervane cardstock.  I used a panel of PTI Smokey Shadow for the card front.  I'm also entering DRU & SSS Wednesday.
Edited to add: entering SSS Monday with my Tiny Tag.
Grab our Badge!
Next is my entry for Rerun No. 34.  I don't have Typecast: Cary, so I used In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals for my card inspired by Heather's repetitive use of the word Joy. 
For my version I just made a narrow panel using VersaMagic Red Magic for the large words & Versafine Smokey Gray for the little ones.  The card front made from PTI Smokey Shadow was dry embossed with a Sizzix mistletoe folder.  The Joy panel was sprayed with a shimmer mist & I added a strip of Heidi Swapp silver glitter tape.  I'm also entering WAW.
Grab our badge:


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. As always really lovely stylish creations Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards Greta. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that tree stamp and that you made your own color. Now that you mention it, I don't have peach ink either. I don't think I've ever seen it. How do people stamp peaches? The gray and pink card is so pretty, love that embossing folder. Thank you so much for the lovely birthday card. It just sparkles and brighten my day. I love the layered felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful set of cards, greta! so clever to make you own shade of peach using inks you have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Great CAS style card & I can see why you were happy at the way the watercolor mixture turned out! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Greta. And good for you mixing your own color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a good peach is hard to find and yours turned out so pretty - wonderful cards as always, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix of colours to make you own peach colour for your first CAS card. Love the texture and the strip down the left on your second perfect CAS card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful interesting tree with lots of detail on your first card, Greta...so pretty! And, second card has a wonderful embossed background! Great design and love the color combo of red and gray! The strip of silver is perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Greta! These are just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes ’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another lovely pair of cards Greta! I like the sweet scallops backing your tree on the first and that little strip of sparkle on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so clever to make your own peach colour and I like the stylized tree with the scalloped border. Love the simple Joy card and the embossing looks great with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beauties! The tree image is unusual, reminds me of microbiology lab smear stains with the webbing. The embossed mistletoe bg with the sparkly glitter strip add so much to your second card's design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like these colours all mixed together. Your resulting card is gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards Greta! Great work creating your shades of peach ... lovely soft and subtle background for that gorgeous tree! And your repeat Joy card is also creative and fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tree card and your Christmas card looks modern and festive with the glitter strip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.