Thursday, October 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop Challenge

The leaves are really starting to fall, so yesterday hubby raked & I picked up the piles.  Not my favorite chore, to put it mildly, but it is nice to see the place looking all neat & tidy.  My reward was to make a card last night for the PTI Blog Hop--surprise, surprise!  It's interesting what a different look you get with the same colors depending on whether you use inks or colored cardstock.  I decided to use cardstock this time for a Fall friendship card.  The inspiration photo has somewhat muted colors, but I used brighter versions along with pumpkin images. 
I love my old pumpkin embossing folder used with Orange Zest cardstock.  I sponged with Canyon clay ink for shading--hard to see in the photo.  The mat was made from Dark Chocolate cardstock, but before I attached it I cut out the word (Counting My Blessings) from the center of the panel twice.  Usually I don't think to do that, but I try to make my PTI cardstock stretch as far as possible.  As you can see, the brown word die cut was used for a shadow.  The top layer was die cut from Summer Sunrise (a nod to the gourds in the wagon), brushed with WOS & covered in Nuvo Glaze. 
I had scraps of Olive Twist & Spring Moss that were big enough for the leaf from Meadow Greens & a sentiment strip from Counting My Blessings.  Both were stamped in Olive Twist & I used a gold gel pen for the leaf vein dots.  Finished off with a few gold sequins.  I have plenty of new products waiting to be used, but this card is made from well-loved old favorites.  See why I have so much trouble purging?  I love it all--haha!  I'm also entering Crafter's Castle, Fusion (just the photo), Retro Rubber (leaf & sentiment over 3 yrs old) & Time Out.
Monthly Challenges!RRCB 98

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.






28 comments:

  1. So beautiful...what a wonderful fall scene you have created with that background! Looks wonderful on your sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so well designed and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with the pumpkin embossed background, Greta! Love the blessed sentiment, too! No leaves falling here yet. Not looking forward to the raking, but rewarding yourself by making a card sounds fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful take on the inspiration photo, greta! love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful card for all those challenges, Greta - I think I borrowed that pumpkin eb ages ago and still have some - must dig it out - a truly lovely card in colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture your embossed background adds to your card - and the wonderful shine to your die cut word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card; that embossed background is fabulous---one I've never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that embossing folder. It looks great using the orange card stock. Leaves arbeginning to turn colour here in the UK. Still got roses in bloom in the gardens too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way you've captured all of those pumpkins in your lovely card! I've never seen that embossing folder, it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely card Greta!! I have that same embossing folder and it's a great one...makes a FABULOUS background! Your leaf is beautiful with the gold pen detail and I love how you did your "blessed" too! Fantastic Fall card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you hung onto that embossing folder because it really sets your die cut sentiment! Your colors are awesome too! Every time I see that "blessed" die I get green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one of my favorite Fall embossing folders too... It's such a wonderful background and I loved the Die cut word Blessed... so pretty Greta!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Greta! That embossing folder is fantastic and one I've not seen before. Lovely, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the texture of the embossed pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That embossed pumpkin background is wonderful, Greta! I can see why you don't purge. : ) Great idea to remember die cutting sentiments like you did to stack the layers and save paper. Beautifully done, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous Greta. Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that same embossing folder and it has never looked this good on a card! I love this on orange c/s with that stunning leaf and lovely layered blessed. Beautiful fall card, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just delightful! The EF is perfect for your pretty sentiment, and the leaves and sequins add just the right touch! Thanks for playing with our challenge at RetroRubber this week! It fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous fall card Greta, and brilliant to use the center of your mat piece to thicken your die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So perfectly fall! Beautifully done! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful card. Perfect for our challenge at Time Out! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The perfect fall card. I love embossing folders yet never use them anymore, I remember back in the day everyone used them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this gorgeous fall card, Greta! The embossing folder is perfect for the background and I love the shadow behind the Blessed die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card, Greta! Your embossed pumpkins are perfect with all these great autumn colors and I love how you stacked your die cut sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I too enjoy using scraps to pull together a card such is this, it is always gratifying to create something new from the "left-overs" of other projects. This is such a pretty card that someone is sure to enjoy! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber for our fall photo inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning, I love all the elements and the giant gold 'blessed' makes me so happy. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely adore this card, Greta! The embossed background, the glossy sentiment, and the leaf add lots of interest without making the card too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love that embossed background. So gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.