Friday, October 19, 2018

From Anniversary to Christmas

Check out the For Sale tab for some great deals.

I really love the new PTI Transformation Tuesday challenges.  Hubby's anniversary card is still on the coffee table & I have another PTI Mix & Mat Plaid die cut from my friend, Cat
Original Card
Thought the same layout & products could be used for a Christmas card.  Amazing what a different look you get by changing the colors.  
New Card
I used the same Love die stacked 4 high, brushed with Wink of Stella & covered with Nuvo Glaze.  Again I used stickers for the companion sentiment.  The green glitter is paper that is hard to die cut, but makes a gorgeous sparkly layer. 

To step this card up a notch, I added a couple die cut leafy branches from Spruce & Sprigs stamped in Sweet Blush twice & embellished with white Nuvo Drops.  I also mounted the panel with fun foam since it's white on white.  Fun to use soft green & pink for a change instead of the traditional red & green.  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with DiesThe Snippets Playground & WAW.   
Papertrey Ink BlogSnippets Playground BadgeGrab our badge:

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. You rocked that diecut with the glitter layer for sure. Love the black and white too. Gladyou made it back home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great die and as you demonstrated...it is so versatile. Wonderful cards, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this Die is a cracker, Greta, I really love it, but cannot buy another till use all I have, how bad am I??
    Love both combinations, very pretty,
    Shaz n Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pretty pastel remake, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two wonderful combinations - love that green glitter on the second one - great designs, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greta! I'm back from vacation and thought I'd POP in to see what I've missed! Gorgeous cards as usual and I loved your other projects too... I really liked the gift bag! Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice transformation, Greta! I love the glitter behind that plaid die cut! It's fun seeing non-traditional color combos this season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes what a difference with the card in different colours x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So interesting to see the different colours and how they change the mood of the card. I like them both, but as Shaz said, I really must use what I have before I buy any more dies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great that different colours can make such an amazing different look. Love the glitter background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your black and cream version was an elegant card but the new version is fun! The sparkly green behind the pretty die cut is playful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a difference it makes in another colour... Beautiful cards! Have a lovely week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so pretty! Amazing the difference color can make!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative to use the love sentiment die for a Christmas card! A wonderful redo with the green sparkly background! Both cards are lovely, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card, Greta! I wouldn't have thought of using that Love die for Christmas. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are lovely Greta and they look so different just by changing the colours!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Greta, what a great combination of die-cuts. The colours and shapes are brilliant. Thanks so much for joining our HLS October Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.