Friday, October 5, 2018

PTI MIM and TT

The PTI MIM challenge is to use packaging dies on a card.  Luckily, Lizzie mentioned that a tag die could be used.  When I met Vikki, she gave me a bunch of PTI tag die cuts & I pulled out 2 of Tag Sale #8.  I thought they could work for a design I remember seeing long ago.  Using VersaMagic Red Magic, I stamped the rows of flowers from Peaceful Poinsettia.  The center of each flower was dotted with Stickles Holly which is green with a touch of red.  Yah--another piece of the Candy Cane Stripe paper made it onto a card!  I often craft in the evenings, which can make color shades hard to tell.  I waited until the next day to pick the green layer I thought was the best match & then I put all the layers together, including the Tiny Tags star die cut & sentiment.  Everything seemed fine until I set up to take a picture today.  Then I finally saw that the 2 tags were not the same white! 
Tried to tell myself they were close enough, but didn't buy it.  No way was I throwing the whole thing away, so I carefully tore off the foam tape & cream tag. 
Eventually I had the idea to use one of the single flowers in the set to stamp a panel.  The tag element is brushed with Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer & the dry embossing is one of my very old Cuttlebug folders.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.

Papertrey Ink Blog
PTI Transformation Tuesday is always fun.  This time I chose a card from 2015 that ended up pretty big. 
CARD FROM 2015
I wanted to make something similar in a more standard size & using inchies--not 3 different size squares.  Should be making Thanksgiving cards, but I really wanted to use What the Doodle Snowflake. 

The image was silver embossed on each inchie & then watercolored with Enchanted Evening.  I purposely did strokes side to side with my brush for a different look.  The shine from the embossing & the dot of silver Stickles in the center of each snowflake is really pretty, but hard to see in the photo.  I used Delicata Silvery Shimmer for the sentiment from Peaceful Poinsettia & added tiny splatters of Enchanted Evening.  The inchies were attached with foam tape & the panel was matted with Enchanted Evening cardstock cut to A2 size.  Lots of changes from the original card, but it did inspire the new one, so hopefully that meets the challenge requirement.  I'm also entering ModSquadSSS Wednesday.
Papertrey Ink BlogModsquad Challenge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


13 comments:

  1. Greta, Great save on your first card, though its very hard to see the color difference on my screen. Love your snowflake inchies - they are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man what a bummer, but you made a great save Greta! Both cards are fabulous. I like both of your inches cards too. Those sparkly snowflakes look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save on the first card, Greta! Honestly I didn't notice the tags were different until you mentioned it, but the new version is just fabulous! Your remake is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two beautiful cards. You did a great save on your first one. The photo doesn't really show different colours... but love the way you finished it off. And your transformation card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have all done that Greta, my usual is to spend ages on the focal piece only to find I've stamped the sentiment onto a different colour base. But your retrieval of rhe tags is very effective, your others makes equally pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful fix on your first card, Greta - actually i find it a fun challenge to "fix" mistakes - your little inchies are lovely and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to repeat that I couldn't tell they were different colors but your clever save is awesome. I hate to throw away a card too. The blue inches are so pretty with the silver snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you could save the first card you made but even though it doesn't show up on my computer I am sure to the naked eye it is quite visible. But you did a great new rendition with removing one of the panels. And, I love the snowflake inchie one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh Oh! we've all made a blooper like that, but you made a magnificent save - well done. I really like the blue/silver combo on you second card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you were able to salvage that first card... the result is beautiful!! And I adore those inchies... you painting really makes them unique and special.. Terrific transformation my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE both your "Inchie" cards, they are simply stunning. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute tag! Wonderful mix of patterns. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Tag It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great safe of your pretty tag card! And your transformed card looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.