Friday, March 13, 2015

UTEE ODBD Easter Card

When I saw the sketch for this week's challenge at ODBD, I thought it'd work great for an Easter card.  I decided to try one of my UTEE colors I've had forever & never used.  It's called Opal Green & came out very light.  I don't know if it's supposed to be or lost color with age.  ODBD Vine Cross was pressed into the warm powder & some green shreds were added.  After it cooled, I pressed it flat allowing some cracks to form & added Versafine Vintage Sepia to the cross & sponged it over the cracks.  The piece was matted with a purple scalloped oval.  I die cut one of the ODBD Beautiful Borders, backed it with vellum & added shimmery purple ribbon.  I love the striped paper which I've had for many years.  

The edges were sponged with Distress Ink antique linen & the TPC Studio sentiment is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.  A couple small brown pearls finish off the card. My weekend to work, so may be a little behind in reading your blogs. Thanks so much for stopping by.

18 comments:

  1. Great technique Greta. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation sweetie...

    Have a great Saturday...

    Huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific result!! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous embellishment/medallion created with UTEE. I have the powders her and the little melt pot, but still haven't tried to work with melted powder. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely Easter card, greta! you sure are a whiz with that UTEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Greta, this is lovely!
    How fun it must be to create with the UTEE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the buttery yellow, greens and purples! This is fabulous Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unique card and love the texture of UTEE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a creative card using the UTEE! That is one marvelous impression of the cross! I've never used UTEE. I must give it a try some time! Great job, Greta, such a pretty Easter card!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That UTEE makes such a lovely piece for showcasing on a card, and you are the master of the technique. Love seeing these Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now talk about stunning! This card is so amazing, you are just one incredible crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the lattice backing, and ohhhhh how I want to play with UTEE like you do! Absolutely stunning, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, this is so beautiful and it does look like Opal. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this cross! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, Greta!! I love how you used the utee!! Your focal image has so much sparkle and dimension!! Beautiful take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta, the "opal" focal point with the cross has me blown away! Dimension, texture, sparkle...just stunning! Easter card excellent! Wow...no, wait, make that: WOW!!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.