Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Time Out Challenge #272

Time Out Challenge #272 is a fun one as we challenge you to be snarky!  Our wonderful sponsor is Funky Fossil.
I wanted to make a birthday card and knew I could print my own sentiment, as I don't have snarky products.  Here's what I came up with.
The candles from Hero Arts May card kit were lined up kinda wonky in my MISTI and repeatedly stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Then I messily watercolored with Distress Oxides candied apple, spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, lucky clover and prize ribbon.  I used a Quickie Glue Pen and gold foil for the flames.  I tied on white crochet thread and attached the panel to a black mat.  I found a fun font and printed out the sentiment to go above and below my raised panel of candles.  The embellishments are a yellow Hero Arts Translucent Enamel Dot and 2 black Gina K hearts.  All the details and lots of inspiration from our guest designer and my teammates can be found on the blog.
I'm entering SSS Monday and Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.
  

15 comments:

  1. Hehee that is quite snarky and fun with all of those candles! Wonderful idea for the sentiment and I love the colorful look of your card too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, Greta. What a fun sentiment!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snark on this one Greta. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sentiment adds a real sense of fun Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea when you don't have any snarky stamps! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a whopping 8C outside today... maybe I should bake a cake and heat the house with candles LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Har, har - love your blaze of candles, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute fun card! Love the snarky sentiment and wonky colorful candles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic birthday card!!!
    I need to make MORE birthday cards for my stash!
    I LOVE a black border for emphasis!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! Love all of those candles, Greta, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Gtreta! Perfect for for all my friends these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What perfect sentiments for all those bright happy candles Greta!! Such a fun and perfectly Snarky card!! Love it! Sure to bring a smile!! I hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me laugh and I love the cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, Greta! A fun and clever design with just the right amount of snark.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to be creative with your sentiment - and your card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.