Friday, September 20, 2024

Sizzix and Memory Box

I entered the IG challenge #12daysofsizzix Day 6: Gift Box using Sizzix Tim Holtz die sets: Funky Wreaths and Seasonal Sketch along with the words from Sizzix Scrapbook.com For You die set.  
I covered a small box with holly tissue paper from my stash.  The wreath was inked with Brilliance Coffee Bean and then attached to a vellum circle.  The solid poinsettias were covered with red Glimmer mists.  One diecut was watercolor paper and the other was red cardstock.  That made one poinsettia darker, which I actually like.  I added the die cut words to the center of the wreath and tied it on with green twine I've had for years.  You can see the shimmer in my IG post.
Next is my entry for the Memory Box September challenge using Memory Box Layered Narrow Pines and Birch Press Warm Wishes Vintage Sentiment.  I'm always drawn to trees--maybe because I live in the Pacific Northwest.  I do have quite a few stamps and dies, but couldn't resist adding this layered die set to my stash last year.  
I die cut the base trees from watercolor paper covered with 2 green shimmer mists.  The top layers were cut from white cardstock and then embossed with Wow White Twinkle Powder.  You can see the shimmer and sparkle in my IG post.  The smooshed background was made with a piece of acetate and watered down Distress Oxides speckled egg and prize ribbon.  I die cut the sentiment words from the same panel as the trees and finished off with beautiful Taylored Expressions gems.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.