Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Time Out Challenge#259

We have a very special challenge for you at Time Out.  It's a collaboration with Just Us Girls and the theme is Birds of a Feather.  When you enter a project in the linky, you will automatically also be joining the challenge at Just Us Girls.  Talk about a great Twofer!  Plus, you'll have double the chances of being chosen as a favorite and of winning the $25 store credit to Waffle Flower.  
I'm still making Easter cards and knew exactly what I wanted to use for my card--Memory Box Serene Bird and Branch. 
I very lightly brushed the edges of the bird and separate wing with Distress Oxide pumice stone.  The beak was colored with DO vintage photo and a tiny black pearl was attached for the eye.  Behind the bird is an Alexandra Renke egg diecut inked with DO bundled sage and the branch from the bird die set inked with DO peeled paint and bundled sage.  
I laid MFT rectangle mask stencil on my panel and blended the edges with DO speckled egg.  This is one of my favorite card designs and it works for almost any style, I think.  The silver embossed sentiment was in my stash from last year, so I just die cut it with a PTI flag die and inked the edges lightly with DO pumice stone.  There's lots of inspiration on both challenge blogs and I hope to see you in the gallery.         
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



21 comments:

  1. Very soft and subtle Greta and a beautiful Easter card to receive.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bird made a very cute Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty bird with the egg and branches, Greta - love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird and what a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Greta, what a wonderful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Greta! That's such a pretty little bird and I love the soft clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card has such a peaceful feel--perfect for these turbulent times! The colors are so soothing, and the bird die cut is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta... hope you are loving the new DT assignment! I love your sweet bird. Thank you so much for sponsoring this joint challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the style of this bird! She is so beautiful! love the soft, serene look of your card. Great for Easter and spring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant Greta. A really beautiful bird and lovely design on your card,

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful Easter card, Greta. I love the masked rectangle. I forget about this, and when I see it I just love the look especially on a simple design. Your colors are peaceful and I love the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Easter card, Greta! Love the barely there inking on the dove and the perfectly inked background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Greta, I saw this on Instagram and just wanted to pop over here and leave you a comment. This is simply gorgeous and your colouring and design are just spot on. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta that sweet bird inside the wreath is so beautiful! So fun to team up with TO and you this challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card truly is serene Greta! This elegant little bird is beautiful sitting inside the delicate wreath. I love your wonderful creation. A lovely soft delicate look. Enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a serene card, Greta! Love the soft stenciling (where is my rectangle stencil? I need to get it out). Also the soft coloring on the die cuts, are giving such a great dimension to the bird. That Eye too.. soo real. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet bird, Greta, and you inked him perfectly to let him stay white but have shading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greta, your card is so soft and pretty. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card, Greta. I really love the soft colors you have used to create this beautiful Easter card. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and elegant bird and its branch. Your soft coloring makes a perfect scene for an Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very soft and pretty! Love the serene bird and the branch. It makes for the perfect Easter card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.