Monday, March 18, 2024

Easter and Birthday

The March challenge for Poppystamps is Mixed Media.  I've moved one set of my Lindy's Magicals to their shaker bottles and wanted to try them out. 
I die cut a Poppystamps Tunnel Tag from watercolor paper and used Ponderosa Pines Olive and Tibetan Poppy Teal.  Wish I hadn't blended them together so much, but it did make a beautifully shimmery tag.  A smaller tag in the set was die cut from SSS Champagne glitter cardstock and Poppystamps Serene Rabbit was die cut from the tag.
Before attaching the little tag with foam tape, I stamped the Winnie and Walter words in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I found a piece of green cardstock that went well with my Magicals mixture of colors and used SSS 3D embossing folder called Leaf Tumble.  I added a touch of gold ink to the small leaves and a "junk bow" a la Melissa Phillips to the tags.  You can see the sparkle and shimmer in a short video in my IG post.   
The Pinkfresh Studio March challenge theme is Frame it Up.  I missed last month's challenge and since I have PFS Fancy Oval Frame, couldn't let that happen again!  PFS Sweet Friend Floral is one of my favorites and the images are a great size to use with the frame.  
Matching stencils are a lifesaver for me, as coloring is at the bottom of my list of skills!  The CN9 inks are Sweet Pea, Dragonfruit, Parsley, Evergreen, Buttercup and Sunflower.  I added yellow Stickles over the yellow inks before arranging the flower stems on the side of the gold metallic frame.  Love the contrast of the pinks with the black background, but it was too stark to suit me until I added gold watercolor splatters.  
I love the font and the sentiments in PFS Perfect Sentiments.  It's a one piece stamp with a one piece die.  I tried many times to get the die lined up.  A couple sentiments would be good and the rest were not centered close enough to use.  Plus, I've wished I could stamp directly onto cards.  So...I decided to cut the sentiment stamps apart and I'm so glad I did!  Now I can cut a small piece of paper to cover the part of the die I need or cut them all to have extras for layering.  I do the usual method of lining up the stamped sentiment using the negative, pop in the diecut and stamp.  That's how I did the celebrate for this card.  I'm feeling so smart--haha!  Always so rewarding to be happy with a creation and I do love this card.  I'm also entering Seize the Birthday without the topping, Snippets Playground with white/gold/black snippets, SSS Wednesday and Word Art Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


14 comments:

  1. Can imagine the lovely shimmer on the first one and being floral I love the second against the dark backdrop.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet bunny tag & I love it atop that embossed background, Greta! And that PFS frame looks amazing with the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape of the bunny on your sparkly tag, Greta! So happy to spot your darling card in the Poppy gallery. Thanks for playing along! That sweet friend floral set is a good one, I need to ink mine up again soon. Love the way they look on the fancy gold frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunny is such a cutie. Love the way its over the layered tags. YOur ornate frame and flowers on black is stunning. So eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two delightful cards Greta. Love all the shimmery goodness on your first one and the gold and black floral frame card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and the one you entered into the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND is so striking with the colours against the black background. I did the same as you and cut up the one-piece stamp set with lots of sentiments. Materials have to work for you otherwise they don't get used!

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for refreshments later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really lovely cards Greta! I just got into Lindy's Magical recently - great fun! LOVE your snippets entry - very elegant, Neat trick with the stamp too - I would do the same.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant birthday card, Greta! Love the spray of flowers popping out of the frame, and the black background sets the gold frame off beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards, Greta. Sweet rabbit tag.
    I love the gold metallic frame against the black background, and the flowers in pink! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Greta! What a gorgeous card. The spray of flowers coming out of the frame, and the black background really makes the gold frame pop! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday! As for your Easter card...pretty colors and love the layered tag too. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta I saw this card on IG first and thought it was so elegant and beautiful. I love your gold splatters, sometimes it is just those little touches that takes the card to the next level. Stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    And the bunny tag is adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful set of cards, Greta. Love the sweet bunny tag on the first card. The second card is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous as can be, Greta! Darling bunny card and love the elegant second card with the ornate gold frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you tried something new. I've not tried the Magicals but I think it's time! Beautiful card! Love the green and the embossing that make this a stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.