Sunday, March 10, 2024

Stencils and Dry Embossing plus Fritz!

Finally had to take time out to begin AGAIN purging craft goodies and making the guest room useable!  Not done, but made enough progress to see a lot of improvement.  Taking a break and rewarding myself with cardmaking and sharing 3 cards.😊
First is the card I sent last month for CCC.  Often I just make a friendship card or send one from my stash.  But for February I used the color combo and the stencil technique.  
I still love my old Brilliance ink pads and I have many, including Pearlescent Sky Blue, Yellow and Lime, so that's what I used with SSS Layered Flowers stencils.  I also used silver for the dots.  Stamplorations circle cover plate is fun to use over stamped or stenciled images.
Memory Box Hello Friend Posh Script shadow die was cut from vellum and the words from MB glossy black cardstock.  The scalloped die is Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Luckily, I found just the right sequins in my stash.
Dry embossed stationary was my favorite before I discovered cardmaking.  So it's no surprise I can't get enough of 3D embossing folders.  For this card I used Memory Box Blooming which is a favorite I've used many times. 
I inked one side with white pigment ink before running it through my die cutting machine.  It didn't show enough on the PTI Lovely Lady panel, although you can see some on the blooms.  I repeated with Altenew Puffy Heart which gave beautiful contrast.  I also added a bit more with the ink cube on the highest edges.
MB Moonlight and Kaleidoscope Butterflies were die cut from vellum.  The body/antennae piece was inked with Puffy Heart.  Impression Obsession Easter Joy was stacked and covered in Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  I'm entering Memory Box Challenge and TTTC242 using Floral/Embossing/Favorite Color of pink.

My next card used my newest Altenew 3D folder called Flower Bed.  I inked it with Brilliance Pearlescent Purple and added a bit more to the raised edges.  Love the sweet SSS Stitching Butterflies which I brushed with the same ink, darker in the centers.
SSS Easter Blessings shadow die was cut from vellum.  The words were stacked, inked with the purple and covered with Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  I added Stardust Stickles to the flower centers and butterfly edges. 
There's a video on my IG post showing the shimmer and sparkle.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday.  Hoping to get a few more Easter cards made, as I have products that need to be used!
It's been a long time since I shared a picture of Fritz who is now 10 years old!  He looks the same as he has for the past 7 or 8 years--so unfair!  We've had a few sunny days and even with his fresh haircut, one day was warm enough for a walk without his fleece jacket.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


10 comments:

  1. Each one of these is as lovely and refreshing as the next! Love your pretty pink Easter cards. Fritz is looking good, makes me miss my little Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sweet Fritz! He steals the show, Greta, and that's not easy to do because your three card designs are fantastic! I love the pretty Easter cards, but I especially love the first friend design with my favorite colors, cover plate, border, and the lovely sediment! Good luck with the purging! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are spoilt today Greta, what a beautiful display and no way can I choose a favourite.

    Lovely photo of Fritz who looks like a Spring Chicken with his new haircut, Poppy (she's 12 on 1st April) also had a trim last week and looks very sleek.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three stunner Greta. Love the two pink ones - dry embossing is also one of my favourite techniques to use on cards. My what a handsome boy Fritz is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards, Greta - just love the floral background on card one and the embossing on the other two - perfect with the butterflies!! Fritz looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each card is so you, Greta. Sweet lovely pastels. I love them all. SO good to see an update of Fritz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Greta! The Easter card is a real stunner, so pretty! Fritz looks so cute! I'm sure he enjoyed the sunshine! We have a nice sunny day here today. Yesterday we had snow flurries. Have a great rest of the week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection of cards. I bet the shimmer is brilliant in real life. I think I might have some embossing folder envy now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set of cards, Greta! The backgrounds you created are so amazing. Love the sweet photo of Fritz. He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards Greta, gorgeous designs and use of colour. Fritz is so handsome, even in his older years. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.