Thursday, March 28, 2024

Time Out Challenge #260

I learned a lesson--don't try to use your phone with blogger when you're tired!  I accidentally deleted my post before I went to bed, thinking I had changed the publish time!  So, I'm late to tell you that for Time Out Challenges #260 we challenge you to be: Striped.  Once again our generous sponsor is Lawn Fawn.
My card was inspired by ones Carissa Wiley made recently for the Cardmakers Success Summit.  I don't make shakers very often, but wanted to use her idea before I forgot.
I pulled out 5 colored cardstock scraps I liked together and die cut them with PFS Color Block Stripes die.  After glueing the strips in place, I splattered with gold watercolor.  Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Circle Stackables worked great for my shaker window which I filled with sequins and glitter.  
I wasn't happy with the plain white, so colored the stitches with a gold gel pen.  It was so easy to do and made a huge difference.  The old Impression Obsession sentiment was die cut from gold metallic cardstock.  Check out the inspiration from my teammates and our Guest Designer.  Hope you'll join us.
I'm entering Die Cut Divas and SSS Wednesday
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. What a pretty birthday card, Greta! Love the pretty pastel colors and the touch with gold on the stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and love your interpretation of striped! Brilliant! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding a shaker element makes a simple card very special. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with the diagonal stripes and shaker window, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shaker is lovely, Greta, you should do them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Greta. Love your stripes and the shaker element. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and p.s. - thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wide stripes for the challenge. Love these colors together as well as the design. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stripey card. I would never have thought to put glitter in with the sequins. It works a treat here. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun shaker design, Greta! Love the striped background with the gold splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shaker card - so feminine and soft. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. Love the shaker card and the gold bits. The gold stitches do make a difference - great decision. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous shaker card Greta! Love the angled stripes and the touches of gold! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful CAS card, Greta. Who doesn't love a shaker???!!! Love your angled stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So simple and lovely with the soft colors and wonderful shaker element, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful Shaker card, Greta!! I really love the soft striped background for your shaker card. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.