Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Easter and Friendship

Here's another Easter card made with my Alexandra Renke egg diecut.  This time I painted it with Altenew soft green metallic watercolor.  The AR grass diecuts are painted with the darker green in the set.  
I didn't want Poppystamps Serene Rabbit die cut from the Champagne glitter tag in my last post to go to waste.  Nuvo Mother of Pearl Mousse was spread through just a bit of the old Hero Arts Zig Zag Pattern stencil.  Love that the color ties in with the rabbit, but doesn't overpower my focal point.  
The W&W words were stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I'm entering Poppystamps Mixed Media Challenge.
Several years ago a sweet friend gave me Taylored Expressions My Redeemer Lives stamps, dies and embossing folder.
This time I dry embossed one of the cross diecuts with an old TH woodgrain folder.  I swiped it with dark brown and black inks before gluing it to an old Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangle ink-blended with Distress Oxides squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber and spiced marmalade.  
The kraft panel was splattered with black ink and the sentiment from the set was stamped in Versafine Clair Pinecone.  Instead of cardstock layers, I just brushed the panel edges to make it stand out from the kraft card.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday and WAW.

My final card is for the Altenew March Inspiration Challenge.  I was going to use a layered floral die set, but the Bursting Dahlia stencil called to me!  
Two of my newest inks, Purple Wine and Rose Quartz, are a close match to the colors of the flowers.  For the leaves I used Forest Glades and Limeade.  The embossing powder for the center is yellow with white particles. 
I did a light splattering of Jet Black ink spray, added some gems and attached the die cut sentiment from Floral Acanthus.  I do gravitate toward simple cards with beautiful elements.  It's good we all like different styles!  I'm also entering SSS Monday

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous gallery of cards Greta. Each one is sure to delight its recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three gorgeous cards, Greta - love the texture behind the bunny & one the cross! You stenciled flower on card three looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you didn't let that little sparkly bunny go to waste, what a marvelous card! So happy to see you in the Poppystamps gallery again. You've been busy, Greta and I love all of your pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first so stylish Greta, the second elegant and the last a glorious burst of colour.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely cards! A sweet bunny card and wonderful cross card! And, your last card is so pretty with the beautiful pink flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny card is beautiful and I love knowing how you did that green. It just shines. The cross is lovely and the stenciled flower looks soft and perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful clean cards. The bit of texture really adds alot to the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous set of cards! Love the first one with the delicate frame and rabbit. The simplicity of the second card allows the cross to shine and the stenciling on the final card is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.