Saturday, December 31, 2022

Thank You

Wishing everyone peace & joy in 2023.  I used a gift certificate for a small order that included Altenew's Berried Cotoneaster embossing folder & stencils.  It arrived cross country in 2 days!  I had been trying to decide what to use for a thank you card for someone who belongs to the Garden Club & takes vacations to see gardens in various towns.  Not a hard decision to use my new goodies!  I looked at the year's monthly challenge photos & found the perfect color combo in May.  Now I have a last minute entry for Altenew's A Year in Review Challenge.
The short videos on the website are so helpful in deciding if you really want an item & showing how to use it.  I tried to find the right color inks & then realized I have the Altenew inks Terri used:  Magenta, Fuchsia, Fresh Leaf & Lime.  For the gold in the photo I used DO fossilized amber.  I cut the panel down & mounted it to a card whose front edges I inked with Fresh Leaf.  Love the beautiful font of the word from the Teeny Twigs mini set.  
I gold embossed the word & die cut it with Altenew Nesting Ovals.  The panel was splattered with Gansai Tambi light gold watercolor which is so beautiful in person.  I used my favorite Lucy's Iridescent Gems for embellishment.
Thanks to all of you for another year of friendship & support.  I'm going to try & keep up better on blog reading next year.  



10 comments:

  1. I can see why you wanted the embossing folder and stencils, Greta. You have created a really beautiful card for your garden loving friend! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend will love this pretty card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and a wonderful card with soft colors after this harsh winter weather. Video's? I have to go back and look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely embossed design & gorgeous coloring, Greta!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Greta, I love the bright happy colours. Happy New Year
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colors are just delightful and a great nod to spring! I may be rushing things, but I can dream :) Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoohoo! I'm popping in to wish you all the best for the 18th and to say your card is wonderful! Wish you lived nearby... I'll email you soon. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft delicate colours on this pretty card. Wishing you A Happy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.