Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Memory Box and Poppystamps

I'm working on monthly challenge entries.  Usually I end up doing them at the end of the month, but that may not be possible this time.  I've known for a few years that I would need a right hip replacement.  Finally talked myself into doing it & the date is almost here.  Hopefully I'll be able to make cards soon, as that helps keep me sane!
The Memory Box January Ravishing Reds challenge inspired me to make hubby's Valentine.  I used Alizarin Crimson Color Burst powder & water on a mixed media panel.  While it was very wet, I sprinkled it with Pearl Perfect Pearls & mixed it with a brush.  
I used the color from the brush on the heavy white cardstock MB Bingham Heart diecut.  MB Grand Heart & Parker Lowercase Alphabet letters were die cut from the red panel & backed with white diecuts.  The Bingham Heart diecut was also stacked 2 high.  You can see the shimmer in a short video HERE.  The embossed background was made with Taylored Expressions Swiss Hearts folder.  I'm also entering Die Cut DivasTime Out Challenges & Word Art Wednesday.
Snippets Playground challenge 445 is celebrating the 11th Blogoversary of my dear blogging friend & fellow doggy momma, Di.  This time we are to show a picture of the snippets we used to make our entry.  The first picture is of the 2 scraps I began with.  The second picture shows the white scrap after it had been silver embossed & cut.  There was enough left to die cut the J & Y. 
I picked the blue & white scraps to make a snowflake card for the January Poppystamps challenge.  My sweet friend, Maria, gave me the Poppystamps Seed Snowflake Joy die a long time ago.  I love the die, but don't think I ever made a card with it.  This was the perfect time to change that & I actually ended up with 2 cards!  
This one was made by diecutting a blue panel cut from the scrap.  (The snippets picture & close up show the actual blue color.)  I backed it with part of the silver embossed white scrap.  Decided I wanted the letters put into the negative spaces & there was just enough of the silver embossed scrap to die cut them.  
The Winnie & Walter sentiment was stamped in Versamark & clear embossed.  Love that it matches & doesn't overpower the design.  Amazing the difference it makes to have the silver embossed edges, rather than just the blue card front.  I'm also entering Christmas Craft Creations, a snippets challenge for January. 

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. A wonderful card for the hubs and a lovely Christmas card for your 2023 stash! Prayers that your surgery goes well and your recovery is an easy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Valentines for hubby Greta. I wish you well with the op and hope recovery is swift and not too painful.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is so pretty--and what a great use of snippets!! Thanks for sharing at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, as always! I love the two JOY cards. I keep folders of snippets and do try to use them regularly. I hope all goes well with the hip replacement and that your recovery is swift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Valentine is so pretty, I love the little squiggles around the heart. That joy die is awesome and your cards look great. Glad you are getting the hip done and you'll be back in the pink in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely trio of cards Greta. GOOD LUCK for the hip surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery once you've had the op.

    Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Your homework is lovely. Once you've finished playing on the swings, come on up to the Playground Treehouse and join us for a hot beverage and a snack (or a gin!). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Greta. Sending prayer and good thoughts for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Valentine for hubby and I love the Christmas card using one of my favorite dies in blue and white! You will soon no longer be living with that pain and you will wonder why it took you so long to have the surgery, Greta. Sending best wishes and prayers and the surgery and recovery go smoothly for you!❤ Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely mixed media card for your husband Greta! Thanks for your taking Time Out to share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Hope we’ll see you in the gallery again soon!
    That Christmas card is just gorgeous with the embossed silver!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you all the best for your surgery. Loving this card for your Hubby. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card Greta! Classy AND using snippets. Good luck with the 'Hip Op' - mine was also the right one. I think most of us lead with the right foot.

    We'll keep in touch as usual of course. I forget at times that you have a nursing career history - my first MIL was a Staff Nurse here in the UK and she always said 'Nursing professionals make the worst patients!' We'll all be here cheering you on and waiting for you to fully recover, darling girl!

    Love, Di xxx
    And a cuddle from Dudley OF COURSE! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful set of cards, Greta. Praying the surgery goes well and that you are back to cardmaking in no time, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Greta! Praying all goes well with the hip replacement! What a lovely valentine for your hubby. And don't you just love that joy die? Stunning how the clear embossing gives it that touch of elegance. Take care, and thanks for playing along at the Poppystamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful use of these dies!! I love the paper you created for the heart. And the fresh blue and white "joy" is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Poppystamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards, bet the first one has an amazing shine in real life. good luck with the op xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You take care of yourself. Both cards are so sweet and I'm sure your hubby will love his. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month with your Valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with the surgery, Greta! Love your Valentine and the sweet JOY card! Thanks for sharing the Valentine with the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are wonderful, I specially loved the Valentine one. Good luck with your surgery, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are beautiful, Greta. I love the heart on the first one and what a fabulous die you've used on the second one. Hope everything goes well with your surgery and that you make a speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty Valentine's Day card for your husband. So clever of you to add Perfect Pearls to the Color Burst mixed media panel. The sparkle and shimmer is great! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! I love how clean like graphic design they are!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are beautiful. The holiday card is such a classy way to use up some of your scraps! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Christmas Craft Creations Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.