Thursday, December 29, 2022

Valentines and Christmas

We survived an ice storm without loosing our electricity.  So happy we could just stay home safe & sound.  Then we had a wind storm, but power was only out 3 hours that morning, so not a big deal.  So many people had major issues--hope it wasn't you!
I've joined in at The Snippets Playground for several years & have a lot of friends because of it.  The only stipulation for the current challenge is that you use your snippets (scraps) for a non-Christmas project.  I had something else in mind, but then I saw SSS Heart of Flowers die in my stash.  Decided to make a Valentine & ended up with 2.  I pulled out 2 beautiful scraps of Bazzill textured cardstock--pink & purple. 
I won't go into how I did the diecutting & saving the pieces to inlay as it was NOT the best method--haha!  Would have been best to attach the cardstock to double sided adhesive before diecutting.  But, all's well that ends well & I do love the final results.
For the first card I die cut the heart from a white scrap to use as a guide & used the white cardstock dots brushed with a silver shimmer pen.  The embossed frame panel was given to me by a friend.  After everything was in place, I decided to add Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the pink & purple pieces.  Held my breath, afraid I'd mess it up.  Actually, I did 2 coats to get a nice, smooth glaze.  You can see a picture in my IG post.  The old MFT sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Couldn't let the leftover pieces go to waste, so I die cut the heart from another white scrap & attached all the pieces to a soft gray panel.  Again I used the white dots, but this time I brushed them with a clear shimmer pen.  Really like the look of stamping the sentiment along the side of the heart in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  
Most of you probably know I make Christmas cards all year long.  I was happy to see the theme for CAS on Friday is Christmas.  Really wanted to see if I could use an image from Penny Black xmas sprig stamp set.  My last try ended up in the trash & so did my first one this time.  But, I didn't give up & actually like the final result.  
I used markers & a little ink cube along with spritzing & a wet brush.  Can't see in the picture, but I overstamped in Delicata Golden Glitz for a beautiful shimmer.  The PTI sentiment was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn & I splattered a brown Zig.  I distressed the edges, inked them in DO vintage photo & used cardstock scraps for dimension that doesn't require extra postage.  Fun to use a red panel for my "white space" this time--love the festive look!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


10 comments:

  1. Whatever the process, the hearts turned out so cute and I like the sweet ornament card! Glad you survived the weather issues. We weren't slammed with snow but boy was it bitter cold. In the 50's now with a big thaw... Mother Nature sure is finicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please you weathered the storms Greta, they sounded dreadful. As always lovely cards.

    Happy New Year and my thanks for your friendship and inspiration in 2022.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were safe at home during those storms, and what lovely valentines you've created! I love the color purple, so that's my favorite, but the Christmas card is lovely too! Wishing you the very best in the coming year and thanks for your kindness as I make my way forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that the storm passed you by without too much trauma. These cards are great, I have always loved that heart die, but don't actually own it although I did try and make something similar with my electronic cutting machine. Of course, it wasn't the same. I have the die for the stamp on your second card and I now realise that it is a coordinating die! You learn something every day. I usually cut it from unwanted backgrounds and it looks fab. Happy New Year to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the white and purple cards. The shine is gorgeous, Greta. I think I have that die in my Valentine stash that I haven't gotten out yet. This is inspiring, thank you. Pretty Christmas card too. Again, inspiring to make Christmas cards all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you stayed warm and safe at home during the storms.

    Three lovely cards for two different occasions. Really love your Valentine cards. Such a pretty die.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. There are lots of mince pies and chocolates left over to be enjoyed up in the Playground Treehouse. Come and help us finish them off!
    Happy New Year to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are safe from the storms. We’ve heard on the news in the UK about the bad weather in the US.
    Your cards are fabulous, Greta. I especially love the Valentine cards, beautiful colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Greta - I do like how you flipped the colours to get two cards. So pretty.

    Happy New Year

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the valentine's day cards are so pretty! love the color combo you used. the christmas card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beauties, Greta!! Glad you survived the storms!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.