Thursday, December 22, 2022

Pinkfresh Studio, Altenew, Taylored Expressions

Hard to believe it's almost Christmas.  We're hunkered down with freezing rain outside, so thought I'd share some recent cards.
First is my entry for PFS December Challenge to make a holiday card.  I ended up using more of my hoarded PFS Christmas Wishes paper pack to make hubby's card.  
I used circle dies to cut out parts of 2 different papers & used the sketch at FMS to make my card.  One of the PFS Layered Snowflakes was die cut from super sparkly silver glitter paper & the sentiment was made with Heidi Swapp alpha stickers.  
The PTI Soft Stone panel was splattered with white gouache & I added tiny PPP iridescent stars.  Glad this one is staying at my house--haha!

Next is my entry for the Altenew December Challenge with a card based on the October 2022 inspiration photo & colors.  I began by using the Dotted Swirls Debossing plate on a green, textured panel.  
Then I die cut blooms & leaves from Climber Flowers die set using white cardstock scraps.  I colored the floral layers by brushing them with PTI Lovely Lady, varying the amount of ink to get 3 shades.  The leaves were colored with PTI Harvest Gold & Distress Ink fossilized amber.  The sentiment from Essential Sentiment Strips die set was cut from a black scrap & backed with a white strip inked in Lovely Lady.
I added a gold thread bow & light pink sequins.  The card is mailed, so can't try for better pictures.  The blooms are really pretty in person.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground.

Last time I had my laminator out, I foiled several Foil-It panels in the TE Modern Eucalyptus kit.  Thought the one I did using teal foil would make a pretty birthday card stenciled with shades of purple.  I used PTI Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria & Lilac Grace. 
I used my old Lil' Inker stitched rectangle die to cut down the panel & added it to Winter Wisteria & black mats.
The kit includes Scripted Sentiments stamp set which I really love. I stamped the birthday sentiment in Versafine Clair Nocturne & added Hero Arts Ombre purple sequins, thanks to a sweet friend sharing with me.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


11 comments:

  1. Three fabulous cards, Greta. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2023. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What contrasts of designs today Greta, the first has a real retro feel to it, the second so striking with the colours used and the third totally up my street, I have a real thing for floral wreaths.

    Wishing you a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three gorgeous cards Greta. Love the colours on your husband's Christmas card, and the delicate floral wreath on the third card. The middle one entered as your Snippets Playground homework is SO striking, with its pretty debossed background and focal flowers.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. There's a nice mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows awaiting you in the Treehouse. Happy Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Greta, three fabulous cards! Like Sarn, I too love all of them and agree that the middle one is very striking! Gorgeous flowers and I just HAD to treat myself to the lovely sentiment dies - bad me.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible cards and take on the sketch Greta, but then you always have very beautiful cards. I hope you are not being hit with the snow "bomb". Keep warm and dry and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three of these, but I think the one with that lovely bold green background is my favourite. We are hearing about your extraordinary weather. I hope it passes you by without too much trauma. Wishing you a very special Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. another beautiful set of cards, greta! each so unique and pretty. love the soft coloring on the wreath card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each one is as lovely as the next!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lineup of pretty cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful set of cards! I love each one of them! I love the paper you've used on your Christmas card and the sweet snowflakes peeking out! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cards, Greta! Love the modern feel of the first one. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.