Thursday, April 7, 2022

Easter and Christmas

As I mentioned before, I've been inspired by some new to me artists on IG.  Here's my version of Diana's wonderful card.  
I didn't have papers like she used, but I did use a scrap of PFS Felicity paper to die cut the Memory Box Classic Egg.  I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large to die cut the centers of the white & Soft Stone squares which I attached to a dark gray square.  The Craft's Meow sentiment was stamped on a PTI flag die cut from the same white cardstock I used for the IO berry branches & the card itself.  The top layer with the oval die cut is a slightly different shade of white. 
The egg was brushed with a shimmer pen & mounted with foam tape.  I added a tiny gem & a crochet thread bow.  Time to get my Easter cards in the mail!  I'm entering JUGs, SSS Monday & DRU
I can't remember the last time I made a Christmas card & usually I make one at least every couple weeks.  ModSquad Challenge is anything goes, so I pulled out Gina K Stellar Snowflake stencil & Festive Flowers stamp set.  
You might remember that I revived my Gina K Glitter Gel & I was anxious to use it again.  I resprayed my stencil with Pixie Spray as it was finally not sticky enough.  Not sure how many times I had used it.  I positioned it on a white cardstock panel & brushed on Distress Oxides prize ribbon & faded jeans.  Then I spread on the gel which dries surprisingly fast & is so beautiful in person. 
The sentiment was silver embossed on a vellum strip which I wrapped around the panel & attached to a matte silver panel.  I'm also entering ABC Christmas Challenge with G for glitter.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Greta! I love the clean and graphic design style of your Easter card!!! And that sparkly snowflake is stunning!!! I may need to get some of that glitter gel---looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards, Greta. I especially love the first one, what a stunning design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Greta. I love how simple and elegant they are. Thanks for joining in at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve always wanted to try glitter paste. Your card is beautiful and made me want to try it even more! Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Greta. Two totally amazing cards. Just love the elegance of the Easter one and that glitter paste on the Christmas one makes it look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful design on the first card. It is so pretty. The glitter paste made a stunning snowflake card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! & WOW! Greta, what gorgeous cards, the Easter card is so elegant and your snowflake with it's glitter is just so Christmassy. Love both.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set of cards, Greta. Love the delicate look of the Easter card. That medallion is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautifully festive cards Greta. I love the clean and simple Easter card and the shimmery blue on your Christmas card is superb. Lovely creating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and stunning Easter card, love the design and the adorable egg. Wow to the glittery and pretty Christmas card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your first card, I am loving layers lately. Its got great depth and interest. YOur second card looks lovely with all the shine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Greta, you have made me want to get out my stencils and sparkle pase. It is always good to find new inspiration from people you haven't come across before xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely Easter card with wonderful design! And, such a pretty snowflake card with all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pair of cards, Greta! Love the delicate white foliage with the egg on card one and the gorgeous sparkle on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lGreat both of these cards are fabulous. Your cards always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful cards, you never disappoint!! Lots of fabulous work here, thanks so much for playing along with us for the last time over at the Mod Squad. I am very sad that we are retiring, it has been a great ride. Hope to see you around the web!!
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are very beautiful and elegant.
    Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. il brille et scintille Greta, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Card, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.