Sunday, April 24, 2022

Monthly Challenges

I tend to put off the challenges that give you 3 or 4 weeks to enter.  Finally sat down to make an entry for the PFS April Challenge.  Decided to use Circle Frame with Botanicals because I thought it'd be pretty embossed with my new WOW Sea Turtle embossing powder--a lovely green with some yellow flecks.  
I pulled out my old PFS Felicity collection & found a cardstock tag, cardstock bird, yellow Washi sticker & puffy flower sticker that worked great with the frame.  I stamped a flower cluster from Modern Layered Florals in white pigment ink on the Classic Kraft card & splattered with Lindy's Magicals Bling-Y Blonde--hard to see in the pictures.  I attached the Washi to a white scrap before gluing it to the card so that it would be bright, like the bird.
I stamped the sentiment from Delicate Wreath on the tag, added Stickles to the puffy flower, used a black glaze pen on the eye & finished off with white sequins.  Fun to make something a little different.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground (scraps for the frame & under the Washi).
Christmas doesn't make me think rainbow, but I wanted to enter the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.  I finally got the idea to decorate Pigment Craft Company's Cup of Happy die cut with a rainbow of snowflakes.  
I began by diecutting the panel with PFS Blanket Stitch Rectangle.  Then I die cut the cup from the panel & 3 more from scraps to add dimension when I inlaid it back into the panel.  The snowflake from GKD Mini Wreath Builder was stamped in Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Morocco, Dandelion, Cottage Ivy, Nautical Blue & Grape Jelly.  I used a Versamark pen so I could silver emboss the handle & edges. 
The sentiment from PTI Snowflake Flurries was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I wanted a subtle background, so stamped a snowflake from Penny Black's Crystalline in Brilliance Platinum Planet.  Finished by adding tiny clear gems.  I may add a pocket inside for a coffee shop gift certificate.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Am loving BOTH cards Greta.

    Your pretty wreath and bird card that you've entered into the Snippets Playground is just lovely. Very Spring-like.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Di and I will be up in the Treehouse later, testing out a few of my cocktail recipes if you wish to test some with us!? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea to use rainbow colours for the cup Greta and yes a gift card inside would be perfect. Your 'Hello' card is adorable with the prettiest of die cut wreath and what a fabulous design Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rainbow snowflakes are a good take on a Christmas rainbow theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely set of cards, greta. so clever to think of rainbow snowflakes for your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two delightful cards, Greta! I like the little white flowers stamped on the kraft base, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you are such a clever crafter Greta. You seem to create something out of very little. The bird in the wreath is adorable and the cup is so clever layered up like that. You could pop some tea bags in a slit in the card, as well as a gift certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely and clever ideas on these beautiful cards Greta, could you send me a tiny bit of your impressive creativeness please?
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, love both of your cards!
    What a clever way to incorporate the rainbow theme! Thanks so much for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really lovely cards, what a great idea for the Christmas card, it works a treat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two seasons in one post today Greta, the birdie and colours have a distinct Spring feel and I can feel the Winter chill with the second.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Greta. Just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cards and great designs my friend... good luck with the challenges... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my....2 simply fabulous creations, just love your fabulous and festive coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cards Greta and I do love the splash of Spring on your snippet card - it's really lovely!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these, Greta! That new e/p is really pretty. Your rainbow snowflakes on the mug are cool, as is the embossed handle. A very clever idea! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.