Thursday, April 21, 2022

Cards for Next Easter

I've always loved dry embossing & now there's more to love with all the 3D folders.  I'm using one of my newest, Memory Box Blooming, to make an Easter card for the April Poppystamps & DRU challenges.  Love the beautiful Bazzill Starmist textured cardstock that was used for the embossed panel & the butterfly.  
Poppystamps Luscious Script Hello word was embossed with WOW Hydrangea embossing powder.  Memory Box Moonlight butterfly was heat embossed with WOW Clear Ultra High ep making it darker than the embossed panel.  
Memory Box Kaleidoscope Butterfly was attached on top along with the body which was die cut from the embossed piece used for the word.  The little words from W&W sets were stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  The PPP sequins were a perfect match & finish it off.  
I recently got Lindy's Magical set called Drop Dead Diva.  The shimmery colors are beautiful!  I watercolored a panel of each color & then used them to die cut Memory Box Classic Eggs.  
The top layer is MB Filagree Egg which I cut from some of my overflowing white scraps!  I used old W&W stamp sets for the greeting which I stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist on a PTI Soft Stone panel which I splattered with white gauche.  Finished off with white sequins & a bow.  I'm entering the April Memory Box challenge.
I'll finish with my chocolate bunny card which I've wanted to make for awhile.  Finally did, but won't go out until next Easter.  I used a scrap of brown felt to die cut Poppystamps Serene Rabbit.  
Being a lover of pink, I had to get the new saltwater taffy Distress Oxide which I used with a sponge dauber through the SSS Falling Snow stencil.  Copic R22 is a great match to the DO, so I used it to color the natural hemp which I tied around the bunny.  I used the same W&W words as the last card, but stamped them in Versafine Clair Acorn.  A brown gem was used for the bunny's eye.  Came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!  I'm entering AAA Card Challenge & TTTC158 (Free, Die Cut Shape, Stencil).
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. Doesn't Bazzill have some of the prettiest colors! These are all wonderful Greta. I particularly love the chocolate bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super display Greta, my personal fav is the CAS Bunny, beautifully done.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are amazing, but the third one has stolen my CAS heart! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so charming, I especially like the first one, with the beautiful texture! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three wonderful cards. I love the blue c/s and those soft Easter egg colors. That's a great idea to cut the bunny from felt and he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, great to have a head start on next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Greta! Those gorgeous embossed blooms are the perfect backdrop for your beautiful die-cut butterfly!!! And that felt chocolate bunny is totally adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just got into 3D embossing folders and I am hooked! Such a dimensional and beautiful tonal first card, vibrant and fabulous Lindy colours on the second and the most adorable third one Greta x. Thank you so much for your recent kind and very generous comment on my last post....I loved it! x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All lovely cards and wonderful to be a jump ahead for next Easter. I'm a big fan of the 3D embossing folder, love the vibrant googs and Mr chocolate Bunny is sweet on his clean and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet trio of Easter beauties! I love that you are ahead of the game for next year, so smart. Your sweet bunny is my favorite, just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! I love your embossing Greta, such a beautiful card, your eggs card is so pretty, love the colour mix of the eggs with the white. As for your felt bunny love it, that must be a real touchy feely card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely collection of cards Greta. Thos small but few Easter egss are adorable. Thanks for joining us at the AAA Cards Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Greta! I love the blue embossed.. it looks so fussy and fancy with so many great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.