Saturday, October 10, 2020

PFS WCMD Challenges

Hubby's daughter & son-in-law are coming tomorrow, so today is my last chance to make cards for PFS WCMD.  Since we sold our boat, the 3rd garage is mostly empty.  Now it will serve as a living room--haha!  We'll have the door open, camping chairs & TV trays--6 ft apart.  Fritz will be on a leash & can lay in his bed.  We're doing a dry run for the holidays, so hopefully it works.
On to my cards.  Here's my entry for Challenge #1 Diecutting & Challenge #8 Sympathy.  I used my Mini MISTI to stamp Delicate Wreath so I could use a couple Distress Oxides: spiced marmalade & peeled paint.  
I just stamped each color several times until I had the look I wanted.  I used the matching dies & attached the wreath to a panel of textured green cardstock, just the right shade.  I don't have a PFS sympathy sentiment, so I used one from Reverse Confetti.  
It's stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn & clear embossed on a doubled vellum strip.  I don't use bling on sympathy cards, but I like the subtle clear Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering Double D

Next is my entry for Challenge #4 Monochromatic Colors.  I used my new PFS Layered Snowflakes dies & a sentiment from Classic Holiday Words.
Thought these 2 shades of blue textured cardstock would be perfect.  I also used the light blue for the words shadow & silver glitter tape for the words.  
A dot of silver Stickles was added to the center of each snowflake & I rounded the corners.  Can't wait to make more cards with these beautiful snowflakes that also have shadows.  I'm also entering NBUS & SSS Wednesday.


My final card is for Challenge #10 Watercolor & Challenge #12 Florals.  I've made a lot of cards with the Hello with a Bouquet die, but not in Autumn colors.  I die cut watercolor paper & used 3 colors of  Prima Confections watercolors.  The colors are a lot more vivid in real life. 
I used 2 scraps of kraft cardstock over the letters of the die, clear embossed one set & attached them to the other.  The colored die cut was attached to a kraft card & then I glued the letters in place. 
Finished  off with brown sequins.  I'm also entering WAW.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



23 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Greta! Your wreath card is perfect for a sympathy ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Wreath’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Greta, amazing cards. Hope you enjoy your visitors. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty wreath card and love the delicate colours and perfect as a sympathy card x.What a beautiful monochromatic sound card with the prettiest of snowflakes and the way you've done the sentiment looks fabulous x. The autumnal colours on your Hello card look fabulous and what a striking die cut x.
    Three stunning cards Greta and good luck with your trial of your 'third' living room....and what a good idea it is x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are beautiful Greta, love the soft colors of your wreath card...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous wreath for your sympathy card and I love the snowflakes against the blue card stock. The hello is so shiny, it looks like it was cut in gold mirror. It will be so nice to see family and you are taking great precautions. Stay safe. Cases here are on the rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many pretty cards today Greta! Have fun with your family... my hubby would sure love his three card garage back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Greta. Enjoy the time with your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards Greta - have fun with the family this weekend - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - you've been busy, Greta!! Three beauties - love the serene sympathy wreath, the fab snowflakes and the autumn hello! Enjoy your family time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set of cards, Greta! The sympathy card is so soft and serene! Love the icy blue on the second and the autumnal colors of the third one. Hope you didn't have the pouring rain and winds that we are having!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful sympathy card with its soft colors and tucked in sentiment. The snowflakes are lovely in light blue. You need to create a picture board with all of the cards you've created with the Hello die cut. Each has been a treat to see. Enjoy your visit and relax! Fresh air and spacing should help loads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your so very beautiful set of cards, The Sympathy one is so gentle, your blue and white Christmas is wonderful and your Autumnal 3rd card is fabulous too, Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, the wreath makes for a lovely sympathy card.The autumn shades on your third card are fab as well. Your blue icy winter card is quite festive. Enjoy your visitors, I hope the new living room works out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely use of die cuts and colouring. hope your garage lounge works OK and is not too cold xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so incredibly talented, Greta. LOVE your wreath card and...well, all your sweet cards. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful creativity with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely collection of cards Greta. The wreath stamped in two different colours is lovely. The blue is gorgeous with the snowflakes and the hello card is just fabulous. I've enjoyed all the cards you've created with that die. So much so, that I've ordered one for myself. It's taking months to get here though! Hope your garage/lounge is warm and cosy for your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Greta, wow what a lovely post with gorgeous creations...lovely wreath and colours used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back again with DT hat on,
    Fabulous card, love it & lovely design of your creation.
    Many thanks for entering your gorgeous card into our challenge of "WREATHS", at Double D challenges…
    Good luck in the draw and hope to see you here again.

    [aNNie design team member for Double D Challenges
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}


    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards, Greta! Love the pretty wreath card! Wonderful snowflake card with gorgeous snowflakes and pretty sentiment! And, last card is always a delight when seeing you use the hello die...lovely autumn color! Have fun with the family! It sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous trio Greta....love your beautiful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greetings Greta, love the pretty selection of designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely array of cards Greta...The snowflakes really pop on that lovely shade of blue. I'm trying to picture a 3rd garage and not doing too well but it sounds like a plan and hopefully you will enjoy being with your family this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.