Thursday, October 1, 2020

Bountiful Blessings

Yesterday was wildlife day at our house.  About noon I took Fritz out for a walk.  From our driveway I looked across the street & over one house.  There a big momma racoon was staring at us with babies around her.  I think Fritz saw them, but was quiet & just stood there beside me.  The momma turned around & the 4 babies followed her going down the neighbor's fence line.  No idea where they ended up & that was as close as I want to be to them!  Then at dusk we took our last walk just down to the end of our dead end street.  There were 3 big deer in the field pretty close to the street.  They all gracefully jumped the neighbor's fence & we could see them grazing in their big back yard.  Later they apparently came to our house to snack on my roses leaves big hoof prints in the bark chips & a bunch of tall stems with no flowers.  They're known for eating roses, but this is the first year they've gotten mine & we've been here 28 years!  Saves me picking up some fallen petals--haha!
I decided to make another card using IO Small Leaf Set (DIE 095).  This time I watercolored the leaves using Distress Markers Peeled Paint with a touch of Fired Brick.  
After they dried I added tiny bits of gold embossing using a Quikie Glue Pen.  I used the same Distress markers to splatter a vanilla panel along with some gold splatters.  I gold embossed Blessings (E20754) sentiment stamp on a vanilla scrap.  
This is the first time I've used it & certainly won't be the last.  I gold embossed the edges of the sentiment panel & of the card front.  It's a great way to make it look like there's dimension without adding bulk.  I'm entering IO Autumn Colors Challenge, DRU, NBUS & SSS Wednesday.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. I love the elegance the gold adds! This is soft and lovely Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Greta, as Lisa said above the gold adds to this gorgeous design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so soft and pretty Greta. Love that sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You had a lot of wild life in your area! How awesome to see! Silly deer eating your roses, lol! Your card is gorgeous! Love those pretty leaves! Great design and wonderful sentiment, too! Have a great weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created and elegant card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a an elegant design and love the embossing. It is always so fun to see the wildlife.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very soft and pretty, greta! love the row of leaves dancing across the top of the card! so fun to see the mama racoon, her babies and the deer. good boy to fritz for just standing there when you saw the racoons. sparky would have gone nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the gold and those splatters. Love your CCC card this month too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh, this is so beautiful Greta! Love those gorgeous leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those leaves are so pretty and what a great size Greta. Love the gold embossed sentiment - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta, I love this card. ITs my #1 of yours over the years. Everything just comes together in perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to see wildlife so close and interact with them, I love it when that happens. Your card is really beautiful, I love the little touch of embossing a great idea, I've not done before, I expect I shall try it. LOL.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty leafy card, Greta!! Just love the glue embossing! Such fun to see wildlife in the yard but not their destruction of our plants!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting walk you had with all the wildlife in your area. I hope that means the smoke and fires have disappeared? Your card is classic, classy and elegant. Love your treatment of the leaves. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you are so lucky to see that wildlife... I would love it Greta! Your card is stunning! I LOVE those leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the softness of this beautiful card, Greta! It's the kind of card I would stare at lovingly for a long time! How cool / unnerving to have the wildlife encroaching closer in. I wonder if the fires have played a role in that? Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell p.s. Verna called yesterday to let me know she had received another card from you. She thinks you are literally the greatest so you can stop sending her cards now. You know, because I USED to be the greatest in her eyes!🤣Thank you for doing that!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your card on the NBUS Challenge and had to stop by. What a beautiful card! I just recently discovered IO and have now added this die set to my wish list. TFS. Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning card and absolutely beautiful Greta and Yay to the wildlife!!! x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and sentiment. Love it, and your story was amazing with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant and beautiful! Muted colors and shiny gold - very nice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.