Thursday, September 10, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio and Gina K

I've been very distracted as the wildfires are the worst I've seen & I grew up here.  Usually the fires are on the other side of the mountains.  This year some of the fires are within an hour from us & go from the northern border of Oregon to the southern border, plus 2 at the coast.  Here's what it looked like at 8am on Tuesday--very eerie.  It's been so dark we have to use our lights all day.  
I do have a couple cards to share.  First is my entry for the September PFS challenge: Rainbow.  Couldn't wait to try my idea for another rainbow wreath using PFS Delicate Wreath.  
The inks are VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit, Mango, Thatched Straw, Sage, Sea Breeze & Spring Pansy.  I added a layer of Brilliance Pearlescent Yellow over the Thatched Straw to get a more yellow color.  
The sentiment from the same set was gold embossed on a strip of vellum.  I attached the wreath to a gold mat & added gold sequins.  This is one of my favorite stamps, so I'm also entering SSS Monday.  
Next is my entry for GK September Monthly Mix Challenge: Fall.  I used another favorite stamp: HA/GK Collaboration set called Friendship Blooms. 
It's fun to see what different looks you can get with a stamp just by changing the color scheme.  I began by brushing the masked area with DO wilted violet, spiced marmalade & peeled paint.  Then I embossed the beautiful image with a sparkly gold powder--so pretty.  The sentiment from the same set was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn on a vellum strip & clear embossed.  
I found some gold satin finish sequins to add bling that doesn't detract from the sparkly image.  Instead of using foam, I added 2 layers of carstock for just a bit of dimension.  This card will go to a friend for Thanksgiving.  I entered SSS Monday via IG.
Thanks to Brenda, I'm also entering We Love Chocolate Baroque ATG option.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you as soon as I can.


24 comments:

  1. The fires do sound dreadful Marianne and most be very scary when then come so close, I pray you stay safe.

    Two beautiful cards, the first so soft and delicate and on both I like the vellum sentiment strips.

    Why not join in with the A/G option at our first theme at: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/, great prizes to be won as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a very eerie scene, Greta and I can understand your deep concern. I pray everyone stays safe. However, I'm pleased to see that you are having some time to craft and hope that it brings some respite from the worry. You have created 2 lovely cards here and I love the contrast between the delicate wreath on the first one and the bold perfectly blended ink background on the second. Perfect use of vellum too.
    Hope you stay safe and well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Greta, that sky looks very eerie and scary. Stay safe my dear friend. Your cards are beautiful, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe Greta. Lovely cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft rainbow card, Greta! Thanks for playing along with our September challenge!

    I'm from Montana, and we have fires like that often during very dry summers. It's very scary! Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that you would be quite concerned about the fires being so close, Greta! I pray that things improve. I’m praying for the whole west coast. You did make two very beautiful cards! Such a lovely wreath card in wonderful color! And, your second card is just as lovely! Take care and stay safe, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray every day for you, Colleen, Linda and Darnell and the rest of my friends on the coast. This is the scariest thing with so many fires going on all at once. Please stay safe. I'm glad you are able to create and take your mind off of it for a while. I love the soft wreath and the colors on the flower card are beautiful together. It always amazes me how changed things look when you use different colors with the same stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo looks very scary, fires an hour away sound pretty close! We've been watching on the news what is happening over on the west coast of America. Stay safe, Greta and thinking of all those affected by the wildfires.
    Your cards are stunning, beautiful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Greta! Stay safe with those fires. It must be very worrisome on top of everything else this year. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your second card the best it is just georgeous. The fires are horrendous. We saw on the news that one was thought to have been started deliberately. So much distruction in World already turned upside down with Covid 19. I hpe that you will be safe where you are. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. both cards are so pretty, greta! your ink blending on the second card is fabulous as always! that sky is just amazing! we haven't had the orange skies like you have had, but lots of hazy skies and smoke in the air! glad you are safe where you are, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are gorgeous and please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards! I bought the PFS wreath set this summer and haven't used it yet, love your soft rainbow wreath! I hope those fires don't come any closer to you. My goodness, what an awful beast they are, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the sky must have been like that from central California to Washington because it was the same here. And because no one could go outside in the unhealthy air, it was extra spooky with not even a car going by. I hope the winds change direction and you get the rains that are forecast for up there! Very unnerving times and thank goodness we have this hobby as a distraction. You've created two really beautiful cards, Greta! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that sky looks scary. Love today's cards. The soft pastel colours are beautiful on your wreath and so in love with your second one... love that colour combo and the golden embossed flower. Stunning. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those fires are so awful with dreadful consequences for everyone. I love your gentle rainbow card and the vellum. so very pretty. The colours you chose on your second card are wonderful, I love the stamping and the vellum strip on this also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and I both love that wreath and this version is so pretty! The Gina K/HA card is one of the prettiest cards you've made lately. Perfect in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beauties, Greta - just love the delicate wreath on card one and the gold embossed outline of the Gina K/HA flowers - will have to try that sometime (love that set!). So sorry about all the wildfires out your way - stay safe, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards and great designing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad to know that you are safe... The sky looks really pretty but I can't imagine that during the day time! Beautiful cards... Love the soft and shiny wreath and the blending on your second card is gorgeous. Be safe...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are fine there <3
    Beautiful cards.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are gorgeous, my friend!!! I'm so sorry to hear of how things are going with the fires. Would you believe, our air quality dipped a couple of days ago, as our skies filled with smoke...All the way over here! I can't imagine what it's been like there. So glad you are safe and sound, though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greta, beautiful Fall cards, love the soft colors you used. Thanks for joining Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.