Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Fall Colors/Fall Foliage

I love my Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves ink pad I've had for many years.  Here's my first card using it this year. 
I brayered a scrap of glossy photo paper--my favorite way to use this ink pad.  The panel was cut into 3 pieces & I mounted them to a kraft slimline card I just cut from a sheet of cardstock.  The IO sentiment (D14779) was gold embossed & I added 2 layers of cardstock before mounting it to the center.  I've had IO leaf dies (DIE095-D) for quite awhile & finally used them! 
I colored with markers & brushed them with a mixture of water & gold Perfect Pearls.  No embellishments, as this is for a male relative.  I'm entering IO Fall Colors, JUGS, DRU, ModSquad & NBUS.
Grab our Badge!ModSquad Challenge
We're hoping for better air quality by the end of this week.  Some people have been able to return to their homes & for many nothing is left.  It is heartwarming to see how people find ways to help & so discouraging to see the criminals take advantage.  I'm no longer surprised to see how people jump on the bandwagon of misinformation & down right lies, but I don't understand it.  There's also a lot of damage from the hurricane & dangerous flooding.  Stay safe if you're in that area. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.





20 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a great ink pad! This is a lovely autumn card. We're beginning to see bits of fall color here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta I too love my Kaleidacolor ink pads and they sure come out outstanding on gloss paper as you have done here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super colourful creation Greta. So so pretty. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic background Greta. I haven't used my Kaleidacolor inks for such a long time. Love the slimline card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful with it's autumn colors and pretty leaves. I think those pads last forever and they are such a wonderful mix of colors together. I hope the air clears up and you and Fritz can go back to your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you brayered the ink on Greta and thank you for the tip about putting it onto glossy card.....will be trying that out. A real stunning card with great autumnal colours and a real Wow design....I love it x.
    Thinking of you and my heart goes out to all those affected Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used my brayer in so long! This is gorgeous Greta! I love fall themed cards! I hope the smoke clears soon for you! Thanks for joining us this week for Trend Week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Greta this is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is absolutely stunning. Awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful slimline card, greta! that background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous slimline autumn card, Greta! Love the embossing! I'm so hopeful the air is clearing up for you and so sad for all the devastation. This year makes my heart hurt. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card in vibrant Autumnal colours! So cheerful in these distressing times. I really like the IO Happy Birthday sentiment; must try to track one down for myself. I think the sentiment is such an important part of the finished card. People seem to be the same the world over during a crisis; those who respond with compassion and generosity and others who seek to take advantage of others. Lovely work Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love your slimline in fall colors, Greta! So beautiful with the falling leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colouring and details Greta, such a beautiful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I can certainly see why you love that ink so much, Greta! The ombre colors are gorgeous! Beautiful design to bring them out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty fall background for your falling leaves, Greta. Lovely card. It was nice to get some rain and drop the air quality to 154. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Greta, the colors are awesome! HOpe you are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing a way to make a slimline without special slimline dies! The colors are so lively behind your windows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what glorious colours Greta... I love this!
    Yes these times have seen the worst and best of humanity. Be safe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.