Monday, September 14, 2020

Fall Colors

Thanks for thinking of us during the awful Oregon wildfires.  The flames are no longer coming our direction for which we are very grateful.  I didn't pack a go bag, but we did discuss how we would leave if it was needed.  Our air quality is terrible, so all I can do is take Fritz into the back yard for a few minutes at a time.  He keeps wanting to go out the other door where we go for walks.  Hopefully by the end of the week we'll get a bit of wind to give us some relief without fanning the fires.  The little town where we used to moor our boat at the lake is devastated along with little towns we drive through to get there.  It's only an hour from our house.  My heart breaks for all the people affected.  The smoke is keeping our temps down, so it feels more like Fall.  Here are a couple cards with Fall colors.
I couldn't resist the Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Plaid dies which I cut from rust, orange & gold cardstock.
The same cardstock was used for the SSS Clustered Leaves.  The sentiment from SSS Warm Wishes was stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn on the Classic Kraft card.  
The ModSquad Challenge is Step Up Your Stencil.  I pulled out the old HA Checkerboard stencil & sponged DI vintage photo through it on a vanilla card.  
Then I stamped little images from SSS Sketch Ranunculus in PTI Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise & Autumn Rose.  I doodled little lines on some of the squares with a gold pen--kinda fun! 
SSS Autumn Blessings was die cut 3 times from a scrap of brown cardstock & I added gold Pico Embellisher dots.  I'm also entering SSS Flickr & The Snippets Playground.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




17 comments:

  1. Super cards Greta, love how you design them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I were discussing the fires after I showed him your last post and we can't begin to imagine the trauma of living with such fear that is beyond your control.

    Loving the soft delicate colours of this creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fall beauties - just love them both! The layered plaid dies look amazing on card one and I love how you embellished the stencil on card two! Thinking of you during these terrible fires, Greta - so glad you're still safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of both of these cards. The plaid is lovely and those layered leaves look beautiful. Very clever use of the stencil on the second card and I like what you chose to stamp on that card. We have haze in our skies from drifting smoke and it is quite chilly this morning too but will warm up. I'm so glad you are safe and the fires no longer threaten but the smoky air is still distressing to breathe. Poor Fritz, they don't know what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome designs and love the shadow effect.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, t hose leaves are perfect for a slimline card, brilliant idea!! Your second card is fabulous as well I love the stamping and stenciling you did for such a wonderful subtle fall pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards, I love them both. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely set of cards, greta! you know i love the first card with that fun spellbinders die! the stencil and those small images are a perfect pairing on that second card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you are still feeling the effects of the polluted air because of the fires Greta. We know at first hand how that affects one's life. I hope you get a big rain soon to dampen everything down. Now to the cards. I've not seen a die like the one you used to make the plaid. It's unusual and great on the slim line base. The delicate tones on your Autum card are just lovely. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Kaleidoscope die is fun, what a great background it makes! And your second card is as sweet as can be. Two wonderful cards Greta. Good news that the fires are not coming your way, bad news about the air quality. Hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awful to see the devastation and hear of the loss of life on the news Greta. I'm glad to hear you are all safe. I love your first layered card and the fab dies a lovely design. your second card is so delicate and beautiful, love the images on the stencil shape and the gold part outline. Both beautiful cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thinking of you Greta and sending hugs ....Sorry about Fritz too x.
    Your first card looks amazing and loving all the dimension on it and what pretty colours x. Great use of the stencil on your second card and so very beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauties, my sweet friend! I adored oogling over these over on insta..SO much beautiful inspiration. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. p.s. SO glad to hear the fires are not coming your way...Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're living through some tough times my friend... Thinking of you. Your cards are as always so pretty and you doodled too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards Greta and lovely to see you playing with us. The USA fires are dreadful - here's hoping the smoke clears soon.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.