Wednesday, September 23, 2020

ITP, HA, SSS

So far, I don't know anyone who really likes the new blogger.  Looks like using the old version is no longer an option, so I'm just not going to worry about the format.  It's not like I'm making money with my blog & I don't want to move to just using IG.
My sister's favorite color is blue & her birthday is almost here.  That gave me the inspiration for my ITP PTI Birthday Challenge entry. 
I've had Bold Blooms for quite awhile & finally the matching dies were available.  I wasn't sure I needed them, but now I'm glad I have them.  Love this vase from Vogue Vases & this time I die cut it from PTI dotted paper a friend gave me.  I also cut it from thick fun foam to get the look I wanted.  The branches were double stamped in Soft Stone & the flowers were stamped in Dark Indigo.  The mat is Enchanted Evening & the sentiment is from Simple Stems.  Needed a little something more, so I added Star Dust Stickles to the flowers & pearls to the vase.  
I really like how this turned out & think my sister will, too.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground (branches, flowers & mat from scraps) & Virginia's Show & Share.
The current Stay Crafty with Hero challenge theme is critters.  I pulled out a 2011 Retailer Teaching Kit which was the prize I won in a HA Scramble.  It's a 6x8 stamp set composed of images & sentiments from a variety of stamp sets that were available at that time.  Decided to use the adorable reindeer & this sentiment which I thought was perfect for it.  
I put the stamps in my Mini MISTI & stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  That gave me the option of doing a little watercoloring, but I loved the look as stamped.  Clearly, though, that big nose was calling out to be red, right?!  That was easily accomplished with Christmas Red Stickles.  Then I added Silver Stickles to the snowflakes & dots on the sweater.  I debated about coloring the sweater trim, but was afraid I'd ruin it.  Instead I just added Frosted Lace Stickles.  
Thought about stamping some background snowflakes, but really don't think they're needed.  Only other thing I did was add black Pico Embellisher to the eyes.  This will be perfect for my sweet neighbors with 2 young kids.  I'm also entering ABNH & SSS Wednesday.
Sometimes you love a product, but end up hardly ever using it.  That isn't the case with my SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil.  This time I chose Fall colors of DI: aged mahogany, wild honey, peeled paint & forest moss.  
I inked through the stencil with blending sponges & no masking.  I didn't care if the greens got onto part of the blooms or the bloom colors got onto the leaves.  Then I covered everything with Versamark & heat embossed with HA Sparkle ep.  Loved the panel so much I could have just framed that 6x6 piece!  Instead I held my breath & added a light watercolor wash of weathered wood & love the change it made.  Decided to cut my piece into a 4x4 panel & then into 2 inch squares which I mounted to a navy mat.  

The sentiment from SSS Warm Wishes was embossed in SSS Antique Gold ep on a vellum strip before adding the panel to a Classic Kraft card.  I tried various sequins, but didn't like them, so no bling.  I'm entering SSS Flickr Challenge 158, Allsorts & WAW.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. Your post looks great to me Greta! Why do they have to mess with a good thing, should have left blogger the way it was. Anyway... your cards are fantastic. Your sister is going to love her pretty card with the sparkly flowers and fancy vase. Rudolph is too cute, great CAS card. esAnd your stnciled rose are CAS prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post of displayed goodies. I don't mind the new blogger at all, the only thing I hate is having to prove I am not a robot now, but no options anymore to revert to the old one...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on new blogger, seems to me they created a new system and out it out there despite numerous glitches and which takes longer to use than the old and far from user friendly.

    Another super selection of cards, thank you so much for joining in with our 'Garden' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic set of cards Greta. Each is just as beautiful as the other. I have to say I am starting to come to terms with the new blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing projects! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your sister will love this beautiful blue card with it's sparkly flowers. Rudolph looks so cozy in his sweater and shiny red nose. I like the colors blended together, then heat embossed and covered with sparkle. I just discovered you can't enlarge my card picture on the new blogger. Don't know if it's me or blogger but I'm not happy. Guess I will have to make it bigger before I post. We are all learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an enlarge photo button. Click on your photo and underneath in the middle there is an image change arrow. It allows you up or down in size.

      Delete
  8. Three fab cards, Greta! Love the bouquet for your sister, the darling Rudolph and the beautiful stenciled roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three great cards, love the red stickles nose on the reindeer and that embossing on your third card. I am finding the new blogger easier now, it seems to have settled down a bit xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super collection of cards, Greta. I'm finally beginning to get to grips the new blogger, although it doesn't always do what I want it to. I suppose we'll eventually get used to it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely set of cards, greta! love all the special little touches you added to your sister's birthday card! yep... not liking the new blogger either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cards. Wonderful designs. I will try to adjust to the new blogger too. Hopefully I can master it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Sister will love her thoughtful and pretty card Greta...love the addition of the stickles. Adorable and perfect CAS Christmas card x. The stencilling and fall colours of your third card look fabulous and yes I often love a product and then don't use it much! Thank you for your very kind and generous comments on my blog Greta, I always appreciate them x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog posts are always a joy to read no matter the blogger style because of your variety of styles and techniques. I have a silly reindeer similar to that one and perfect for the SSSW. Your stencil card is very pretty. I'm glad you keep using the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greta, I love all the little extra touches you give your cards - from the fun foam to the stickles to the pearlized embossing. All add to the wow factor. I'm finding this version of blogger much easier to use than the one they first plopped down in June. It was horrid. I'd rather the little icons were words, but clicking on them gets you the information you need to post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your first card for your sister is so sweet, love the blue and white. Love your little reindeer card too with the red border, a fun card. The third card is so pretty with the sparkle and belly band embossing. Super set of cards.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your vase of flowers is gorgeous. My sister has just had her Birthday this month too. The reindeer in his woolly jumper brought a smile to my face. Love that card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like you, I'm not impressed with the new blogger, nor the new Facebook for that matter, but hey ho, we have to go with the flow! Being a lover of blue, I adore the card for your Sister. The kidlets next door will be sure to love the cute reindeer; I love that you kept him/her simple. Bravo with the watercolour wash on your final card. I do a bit of breath holding here at times too. Lovely work Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't seem to have had much of a problem with blogger, though I preferred the old version.
    Beautiful cards my friend... I love that reindeer card! And covering your stencil with clear gloss is such a pretty effect... I must remember that. Your sister is going to love her pretty vase of blue! Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three fab cards, Greta! I really love the fun reindeer.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always, your cards are beautiful Greta. You're always so super creative, and I really appreciate you sharing your talents with us.
    Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.