Monday, August 31, 2020

Gina K and Pinkfresh Studio

I decided to make a couple last minute cards for August challenges.  To start is my 3rd entry for PFS Floral Challenge.  It's been awhile since I did an inlaid die cut card & I wanted to try using foil cardstock behind the die cut outline.  I chose a floral branch in the Dainty Blossoms die set & die cut cut it from a panel of gray cardstock I had splattered with black ink spray.
I backed the opening with a piece of purple foil cardstock.  Then I inlaid the outline die which I cut from black cardstock.  Makes for a striking, elegant look, I think. 
The sentiment from Delicate Wreath was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & the panel was matted with black cardstock.  Finished off with black twine tied in a bow.  I'm also entering PB&M & SSS Wednesday.
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
I've been wanting to use the cute little gift images in Gina K Sketched Wreath Builder stamp set.  I used my mini MISTI & stamped them in Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy & Ivy. 
I stamped part of a sentiment in the set & used direct to paper technique with the Poppy ink to make the thin mat.  The gifts were colored with the Jane Davenport Silver Screen glitter pen & then I restamped the images. 
Thought the tiny gems were all it needed.  I'm entering Gina K Monthly Mix & Word Art Wednesday.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,  I will visit you.


19 comments:

  1. Two wonderfully clean designs Greta! That purple bloom is ever so sweet and so are the little gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inlaid die-cut floral card is absolutely gorgeous!!! And I love your holiday card too---so festive and sparkly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Greta. Love the die cut laid card - it's amazing. And love those glittery presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully clean design! Thank you for joining the Gina K Designs monthly challenge - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beauties, Greta! Just love your purple flowers and the row of presents - both great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely clean and simple designs, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple foil is amazing, Greta what a great call. Your Christmas card is fab, simple and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card for our challenge is so classic and elegant Great and it's lovely to have you join in our 'say it with Flower's theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first card sure is elegant and so very striking Greta and a perfect CAS Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards and great designs. I really like the foiled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty cards, Greta!! Love the foil inlay on the first card and sweet CAS Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful cards Greta....those sweet purple flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the inlaid technique is fabulous - another thing I've learnt by following your blog Greta. The shimmery gifts are simple and festive. Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your PF card is definitely elegant and I'm loving that Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your first card simple and elegant Greta and the second card is CAS and just right with the glitter and red border.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous pair of cards, Greta! The foil inlay flower is simply beautiful and I love the fun sparkly present card too.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous pair of designs, love the way you combined the gray background and inlay flower.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Inlaid die cuts is one of my favourite techniques and you have showcased it brilliantly on this card, love the colour and those perfect splatters. the little present card is so sweet too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.