Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Three Cards

Boy is this month going fast & we're more than ready for cooler temps!  Behind on posting cards, so here are 3 of my latest.
First is the one for my BIL which uses the Altenew Pegboard Canvas die & a pattern from cathycarlson21 on IG.  She did a rainbow pattern, but I think he will prefer the blue & green.

I also used silver for the eyes instead of black.  It took me awhile, but I really enjoy combining cross stitch with cardmaking.  The Impression Obsession sentiment die cut was mounted on a strip of vellum.  Cathy also has some Christmas patterns I plan to use.
I used my new GK stamp set called A Happy Hello to make a card for the GK Monthly Mix: White Space.  The inks are PTI Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain & Stormy Sky.
The panel is attached with thin fun foam & the dots are Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress.  I'm also entering NBUS 17.
 Grab our badge to display on your blog.
The July/August Uniko challenge, In My Garden, is about to end.  Finally, I got a card made using the optional twist of Hot Summer Colors.  I've seen several cards made with only 1 layer of a layering floral stamp set.  Uniko's Beautiful Blooms III has just the right image with the thicker lines.
I began by stamping a very old wood mounted circle stamp in Distress Oxide fossilized amber, spiced marmalade & abandoned coral.  The flowers were stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & I used circle dies to cut the flowers & the black mats.  The same inks were blended on scraps & the sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks was mounted with foam tape.  Finished off with clear sequins.  I call this modified slimline as it's 3 1/4x6 1/2.  I'm also entering Virginia's Show & Share and WAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. Three very different cards Greta, the design of the stamp on the first is so unusual and lends itself to male card, a very elegant CAS rose card and a DL one which is a shape I really like and don't utilise half enough.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've been busy, Greta!! Just love all three cards - beautiful cross stitch on card one and delicate flowers on card two! Lovely trio of flowers on card three with the striped border!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more fabulous designs, greta! the cross stitched card is wonderful! love the clean and simple elegance of the second card! the bold design on the third card is so striking and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these wonderful cards. You do gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is your cross stitch card, bet he loved it! Three marvelous cards Greta. I love the elegant simplicity of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...your cross stitched card is over the top fabulous!!!! Love all your cards, each one is just as wonderful as the next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards Greta. The cross stitch card is stunning and love the elegance of the middle one and love the size of your slimline card. I've seen a few of this size now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu are so creative Greta, these are such beautiful cards. Your stitching is very neat. Love the colours of each make.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A varied collection of unusual cards today. Love the stitched masculine card, especially the colour combo. The clean lines of the middle card are lovely and the sentiment is absolutely lovely. Finally I like the hot colours and the circle motif for your Just a note card. So inspiring as always Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three amazing cards and all so different. Your stitching is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous collection ofcards, Greta. The colors on each are vibrant andfestive. Stay cool, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so beautiful, Greta! Well done! I am particularly in love with the one you shared at NBUS (thank you!) with all that wonderful white space and the fabulous monochrome blue hues you used! I hope it's cooled off up there. It's bad here. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful designs and love the color choices! Thank you for joining the Gina K Designs monthly challenge - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.