Sunday, August 16, 2020

Summer Fun

The current IO challenge is Summer Fun.  Luckily, I have one stamp set that works, Solid Tree, which I've had for at least 6 years.
I stamped the tree in HA Cup O' Joe on a vanilla card.  I added the tire swing using black & Classic Kraft inks.  Instead of stamping leaves, I used Memento Bamboo Leaves marker to make dots.  It always scares me to freehand something, but this time it turned out as planned!  It's Your Birthday was first stamped on a scrap of vellum so I could figure out where I wanted to stamp it.  Gotta remember that trick when I'm not sure of placement.  I used the green marker to draw grass--2 freehanded elements on one card!  The tire was covered in Pico Embellisher shimmer & the leaves were covered in Stickles.
Lots of people had tire swings when I was a kid.  You had to be pretty young to enjoy them--not exactly comfortable--haha!  I'm also entering Retro RubberSSS Monday, The Male Room & WAW.
Edited to add: Also entering Allsorts--thank you, Brenda.
Summer bannerRRCB 141Grab our badge:Grab our logo
Thank you for the good wishes for Fritz.  He was so cooperative for the echo cardiogram that they didn't have to give him any sedation.  We got a good report as he has a I/VI murmur & very mild mitral valve disease.  No restrictions or meds & our vet can just monitor him unless he becomes symptomatic.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



23 comments:

  1. Super sweet Greta! Love the tires swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic stamp, love the swing hanging from the branch. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fits the theme perfectly Greta and just happens to be our theme at Allsorts as well!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Greta. My grandson has just got a tire swing set up. It's so much fun. Your card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Greta, I love it. Gorgeous colouring as always. I'm thrilled to see you in our challenge, so with both my hats on I'll say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greta
    Fabulous card .....
    Hope you are well...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you did those blossoms look so pretty Greta and great idea to stamp onto the vellum first before placing the stamped sentiment x. That is such good news about Fritz x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a view of a long gone idyllic summers day. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh but this is fabulous! Love the one layer and the clean, fresh design. The tire swing is just perfect. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun tire swing hanging from the tree, Greta!! Just love the leaves you doodled too! Glad Fritz got a good report!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card design Greta. Miserable hot here, one top of that the power was out for 6 hours.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card design. I do love trees and this is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember tire swings too! As I remember they never swung in a predictable straight direction which was have fun. Great card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card bring back happy memories of or tyre swing at home on the farm. Your leaves worked out beautifully and I like the idea of stamping on vellum to check placement. Good news too, about your precious dog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dotty leaves Greta, this is wonderful! Hanging through the tire swing on your tummy and spinning was the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a one layer card. This stamp is amazing, you have ended up with a beautiful elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design! I love that you kept it clean and simple so the tree image really takes centre stage. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really super CAS card with a great image and design. Thank you for joining our 'Summer Fun' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards, that's summer fun!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful birthday card :-)) Thanks for joining us at Celebration at The Male Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this - a beautiful peaceful scene.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.