Wednesday, August 26, 2020

SSS, Stamplorations, PFS

I'm writing this as we watch the hurricane approach the US.  My heart goes out to everyone dealing with this disaster. 
This is my 3rd sympathy card in the last few weeks.  For this one I started with SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil on kraft cardstock & blended with DI aged mahogany & brushed corduroy. 
Then I dry embossed the panel & eventually cut it down & attached it to a Fine Linen mat.  The very old Flourishes sentiment was stamped in my new Avery Elle Kraft pigment ink.  It stamped beautifully & dried very quickly.  Love having another shade of tan ink!  I used a Lawn Fawn circle die & attached it with foam tape.  I'm entering SSS Monday from IG.

Next is my first card using Stamplorations Leafy stamp set designed by Deepti.  I love using evergreen branches or leaves to make a frame, so that's what I did. 
It may look like only 2 leaf images, but actually, it's 3. The Altenew inks are Limeade, Lime & Fresh Leaf.  This is also my first time using the Impression Obsession sentiment, Love and Kindness are never wasted, stamped in VersaMagic Gingerbread.  I trimmed the panel down & mounted it with fun foam.  The white dots are Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher.  I'm entering Stamplorations Never Ending challenge, Stamplorations Summer challenge, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.

I've been wanting to make a card using a single die cut in various colors.  This wasn't the original design I had in mind, but I like it anyway. 
I used a die from PFS Dainty Blossoms & 5 different textured cardstock scraps.  I trimmed off the stems, covered them in shimmer & attached them to a strip of Soft Stone using glue only at the bottom so the tops could be gently bent forward.  The sentiment from PFS Delicate Wreath was stamped in Weathervane.  Finished off with Shimmer Pico Embellisher drops.  I'm entering PFS August challenge, SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday & The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. Greta, hope that hurricane will not make any disaster. Your cards are always an inspiration for me. I love how you combined the stencil and the embossing on your first card. This is a great idea. Also, a great idea to use leaf stamps to make a frame. I think I will try it. As for the last card, it is simply gorgeous. I had never thought to make a CAS card using only one die cut. You are so talented, my dear friend. I send you kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beauties, Greta!! Just love the ombre stencil on card one - so elegant looking! The pretty leafy frame looks amazing on card two and I love the row of soft colored flowers on card three! You've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blended colors on the sympathy card are so pretty. The leafy frame is a great idea and your clever strip using scraps inspires me. I am watching the coverage of Laura and how destructive it is. We will be getting the remains by the weekend but nothing like they had in the south. I hate what hurricanes and tornadoes do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful set of cards, greta! sympathy cards can be so hard to make, but you make it look easy with the lovely one you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors and designs Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sympathy card is fabulous. Love the soft colors. The leaves are fab in the various green shades, and I love the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trio of loveliness Greta! I especially love the leafy frame you created...it's so elegant and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always such difficult card to make but his looks perfect, my fav of this post has to be the lovely green leaf frame you created.

    I do hope the hurricane does not prove to be as devastating as predicted.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect post of gorgeous cards and inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set of cards Greta. Love them all. Your sympathy card is so elegant and love the green leaves border on your second one and just love the the die cuts in the pretty pastel colours on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card designs but you always do lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous and so beautifully designed, love the stamps and the gentle green and the wonderful dies in different colours Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so sad to see what people are going through right now... Your cards are beautiful as ever and I love the leaf frame! Enjoy your weekend, thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to read about the pending hurricane Greta. Your sympathy card has perfect details for the occasion; soft, elegant and classy. Love the sentiment. Green always seems so restful to me and I like the frame you made for your love and kindness quote. Clever work with the multicoloured dies to use up scraps. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three beautiful cards Greta. Lovely designs.
    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping For Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three creative and fabulous cards Greta. I like the dry embossing and colours on the first, the framing with the leaves on the second and how you used the one die cut in several pretty colours on the third x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three wonderful cards Greta - naturally i love your snippets make. I would never have thought to use the same die three times as you did - clever! I did laugh about Fritz and him barking when you stop the car - even at home. Dudley is the just the same. When it's been hot and sunny I've had the panoramic roof slid open on my car and am sure other drivers at traffic lights think we have the Hound of the Baskervilles on board! I hate to even think about us taking him to a drive through fast food outlet. We'd need a megaphone to even place the order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why we don't go to the drive through with him!

      Delete
  18. Very creative cards, Greta! Sorry to hear your need for sympathy cards. I lost a good friend last Friday who I used to bowl with. It was sad not being able to see her and that she had dementia, but I’m sure my cards were appreciated. I’m sure your cards will be appreciated, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.