Friday, August 21, 2020

Altenew cards

A man I've known since I was a kid recently died, so I made this card for his wife.  I used 3 green Distress Inks with the Altenew Foliage stencil.
First time I've used it.  Fun to have the open leaves on 1/2 & the details on the other 1/2, so it's just one stencil.  I blended antique linen on the edges to soften the white card.  The die cut sentiment by Avery Elle is brown cardstock clear embossed.
Next is another stenciled card.  I'd been thinking about doing something for the Altenew Sewing Contest.  As you can see, I didn't actually do much stitching--haha!  Luckily, the rules are pretty open.
I loved making French Knots when I first learned to cross stitch.  The Bursting Dahlia stencil looks made for them, don't you think?!  It's been quite awhile, so I did have to find a video after my practice attempts failed.  I brushed on Altenew Magenta & Baby Pink inks.  The knots are done with 5 strands of silver thread--pretty sparkle in person.
The sentiment from Altenew Handpicked Bouquet was stamped in Lawn Fawn manatee as I didn't want to detract from the flower.  I added gray splatters before mounting the panel to a gray mat.  Love how it turned out!  I'm also entering WAW.
Edited to add: Also entering Virginia's Show & Share.
Grab our badge:
One of my most recent Altenew purchases was Wildflower Doodles.  Decided it was time to open the package & make something for the August Inspiration Challenge.
I used Altenew inks:  Galactic Stream, Hydrangea & Lime.  I added a strip of silver Washi tape & stamped the sentiment from Floral Frame in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  After adding silver splatters & marshmallow sequins, I mounted the panel with fun foam.  I'm also entering NBUS.
Grab our badge to display on your blog.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


23 comments:

  1. Stunning makes and most gorgeous stamp and colour combo. x
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic cards Greta. The leaf stencil is incredible. Very clever to use the french knots as the centres of the flowers. And love the Wildflower Doodles on the last card. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those french knots are beautiful Greta and so clever of you! Takes that stencil to a whole new level... Sorry about your friend, so sad. All your cards are amazing and I'm sorry I am so behind with comments but you are such a prolific cardmaker, I struggle to keep up! Have a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss Greta. Your friend's wife will appreciate this lovely card. You might have just a little sewing, but that card is big on beautiful ~ WOW! And your final card is darling. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards, Greta! The leafy sympathy card looks so serene - sorry to hear of your friend's passing! So fun to see embroidery on your big flower and I love the border on the washi tape on card three!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely selection of cards x All very delicate looking. Sympathy cards are not nice to do, but you have done a perfect one x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards, Greta, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three truly wonderful cards. I love the branch and colours on the first one, those french knots on the second and the delicateness of the third xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. three amazing designs, greta! the first card is so soft and serene... perfect for a sympathy card. i love the second one... so elegant! the third card is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your french knots look lovely on your second card. All three cards are very striking. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....so many beautiful and elegant creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your one layer cards are always so classy and these three are no exception. The sympathy card looks lovely with the soft green inks. I adore the silver French knots which go so perfectly with the magenta Dahlia and the mixed foliage on the last card are fresh and Summery. A triumphant trio. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Greta, these are amazing cards, so simple, but all have that little something - literally, that make them great. The leaves are perfect for a sympathy card. Love the French knots, what a lovely idea, the wild border is gorgeous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sad to lose a longtime friend, I'm sorry to hear that for you. The leaf card is a lovely sympathy card and that is a cool stencil. Your blending on the dahlia is awesome. The French knots added a beautiful center to it and love the shine. Also love the addition of washi tape to the wildflowers. That is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thoughtful sympathy card and sorry for your loss Greta x. What a beautiful first hello card and loving the French knots x. A delicate and pretty second hello card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This Covid monster is not negatively impacting your mojo, Greta! You just keep on making one fabulous card after the other! I love these three new ones ~ I'm going to have to crown you the Queen of CASliciousness!! Thank you for sharing again at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great collection of cards, Greta and you are inspiring me to take another look at my stencils!I love your schparkly French knots too - they add such a special touch.
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooo...SO pretty. LOVE that stencil flower. You are so creative.
    Thanks for playing along with us, Greta. It's always a treat.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. really beautiful and well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what lovely colors and designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are all so beautiful Greta! Sewing is difficult for me, I would much rather colour any day of the week, so those beautiful knots are the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.