Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Valentines

I love foil, but seems like a long time since I've used mine.  Teal seems to be my go-to color right now & that's the foil I used on the Memory Box Grand Heart die cut from self adhesive fun foam.
It's neat how the foil looks different depending on the light.  It is gorgeous in person!  MB Bingham Heart was die cut from white cardstock & brushed with a shimmer pen.
Didn't want to cover up the beautiful focal point, so just added the little sentiment from Poppystamps Grateful Heart stamp set.  I'm entering DRU, Memory Box, SSS Wednesday, DCD & Time Out.
Grab our Badge!MonthlythemebadgeGrab our Badge
At the same time I made this card based on my skirt, I stamped & embossed a second panel with Penny Black blissful.  I used white pigment ink & a satin embossing powder for this one.
The edge was die cut with a PPP die & I also used it on a red cardstock scrap.  I attached the red piece behind the panel & covered it with Christmas Red Stickles--beautifully sparkly in person.
The sentiment is MFT & I also added dots of the Stickles to the centers of the blooms.  I'm entering Inkspirational, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.

My 3rd card is another non-traditional Valentine going to a blogging friend.  Back to teal & gray--haha!  The inks are PTI Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal & Weathervane which I used to stamp the images from Gina K Mini Wreath Builder.
The sentiment from the Gina K/Hero Arts collaboration set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I added some tiny black & white dots before matting the square with black cardstock.  The dry embossed dots panel was still on my table after it didn't work for a previous card.  Seemed to be just the right thing for this one, so I cut it down, added a strip of the striped paper & covered the seam with white crochet thread.  The wreath panel was mounted with foam tape.  Fun to make a smaller card for a change.  Plus--I think the 3 little dots stamp will work as a replacement for the Uniko Wreath dots I lost!  I'm entering Gina K February Monthly Mix challenge, SSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you



25 comments:

  1. I like the delicate heart die cut, what a pretty card! Your second one oozes elegance with your design and color combo. But you know me and polka dots, the last one is extra sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great collection of cards Greta. The teal heart is a stunner in its simplicity. Your skirt inspired card might be my favorite of the group. So uch texture. Your third sweet valentine is sure to be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cards, Greta - love them all, but especially the foil heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely trio of cards, Greta! Such a pretty foil heart in lovely color! Second card is very pretty with the lovely flowers and touch of red! And, last card is so sweet with the small flowers and wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous set of cards, greta! the middle one is just so striking and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing foil heart card and the teal looks fabulous. Such a classy second card and a delicate and pretty third one. Fabulous cards Greta, all wonderful and so creaitve x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again to say that your card is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us Dies R Us for the challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a wonderful trio of beautiful cards. Love that gorgeous Valentine's Day card, so beautiful, that blue is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are so well designed and gorgeous. I really love that heart die with it's delicate design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some fantastic cards. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our February challenge of Hearts and Flowers with that Teal beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are three amazing cards. Each as special as the other. Happy to see you have joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE ALL 3 cards but you know I'm digging that first card with the FOIL!! EEK! Love it! And your second card is just so elegant with the embossing... So Pretty! And then your 3rd card is so pretty with the teal & grey color combo along with a wonderfully embossed background! Fab Cards!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of cards Greta and you have excelled yourself with these beauties. My fave is the the one in the middle - absolutely awesome!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came over to have a closer look at the card you made for Inkspirational. That is a great design and shape for a large patterned stamp. I really like the effect of the glittery red strip. Thanks for joining our challenge at Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each one is SO different, but that doesn't take away the beauty on each, such a gorgeous result in all of the cards, love your grey one and it's shaped bottom.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely die, very beautiful card Greta! Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards Greta - I've rummaged around and got my heart die out; it's the same as yours and it hasn't had an airing for a long time. Stunning on the shimmery teal. Love the flair and panache of the black and white card with the sweep of red and the tiny blooms on the last card. Fabulous all round. My Mojo has been MIA, but now you've inspired me to get cracking. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Popping back over to thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teal is such a stunning color and i love the elegant look of your heart card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! You are so full of creativity my friend... That heart is amazing and the card inspired by your skirt is so beautiful, then your beautiful stamping on the last card really is perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  21. That skirt inspired card is even more fabulous in person. Thank you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning strip of glitz Greta! Love the movement and your embossing is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many gorgeous cards!! Teal is one of my favourite colours. I loved your card as soon as I saw it and then when I read it was foiled and saw the second photo, I fell in love again!! Your design is so intricate but keeping it simple with no embellishments and patterns makes it so modern. And the white against the teal is stunning. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such eye candy! I love that gray beauty, Greta. And the foiled heart is so pretty with the white frame.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Love the embossed background! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.