Thursday, February 6, 2020

Ink Blended Hearts

I saved the stencil I made from SSS Heart of Flowers die to make THIS CARD, so pulled it out to do some ink blending for SSS Flickr Challenge 142.

Pixie Spray really works great.  The stencil stayed perfectly in place while I used blending sponges with DI mermaid lagoon & wilted violet.  I left the stencil in place & added Versamark ink with a sponge dauber.  I wiped off the ink & left the stencil in place while I added HA Sparkle embossing powder.  Then I removed the stencil & heated the powder--so beautiful in person.
I knew the powder would stick to residue from the adhesive & didn't mind loosing a little bit on the stencil.  The sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist & I added AJVD black sequins.  I'm also entering challenges at SSS Monday, The Cat's Pajamas & Die Cut Divas.
Edited to add: Also entering CAS Mix Up with stamping & heat embossing & sponging ink in addition to my stencil made from a die.
Grab our Badge
I also made a heart stencil using Memory Box Grand Heart die & a stencil sheet from TCP.  The floral image from HA/GK Friendship Blooms was stamped & gold embossed.
Fun to use part of a large image for a different look.  I put the stencil back in place & used blending sponges to add DI lucky clover & blueprint sketch.
The sentiment from the same set was also gold embossed & I added gold, green & blue splatters.  I'm entering Gina K Monthly Mix challenge, DRU, SSS Monday & ModSquad.
Grab our Badge!Modsquad Challenge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



24 comments:

  1. Wow Greta. Two beautiful heart cards. Love the look of the embossing powder over the inking on the first one an love the soft colours on your second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative stencil making and using. The first is lovely and the second is a great stretch of that gina k/HA stamp. I'm all agog at your cards Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards indeed!! Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two amazing cards, Greta! I love the design of both and the different techniques you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning Greta!!!! I think the second on is my fav, but both are so pretty!! Your blending is great!!!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. two gorgeous cards, Greta - beautiful ink blending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful set of cards, greta! your ink blending is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards, beautiful done. I love the designs, simply stunning. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ink blending and the cards you made are so gorgeous and cheery with the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you've done with both hearts Greta! The first is just darling and the second so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both Stunning cards Greta, love the colours on both.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, I love both cards. Beautiful and I love the colors you chose for each one. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our February challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards Greta, love the designs and colours
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see two cards that are not red /pink hearts. Love these colourways . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Two absolutely gorgeous heart cards Greta. Love the vibrancy of the blue toned card and the super fine gold on the embossed card. So inspiring to read your blog. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!! These are stunning Greta! You could have also entered the stencil challenge at CAS Stencil challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Making your own stencils from dies? Wow, Greta! What a lovely idea! Thank you for the inspiration, my dear friend. Both your cards are gorgeous! Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards with fabulous hearts. The colours on the first are stunning and love how you finished it off with the embossing powder, which looks so pretty. I never think to use just some of the stamped image so thank you for the inspiration on your fabulous second heart card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love them both! The color combinations are so pretty!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was thinking that I commented on these cards, maybe on IG. Anyways, these cards are gorgeous, Greta!! And, thanks so much for entering your card over at Dies R Us!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful CAS cards. Love the cool colours and heat embossing of the first. The second with the gold stamping has a special rich effect too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not one, but two gorgeous hearts, Greta! Love the colors you've chosen and the die cut stencil is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two very stunning cards! The colours are so vibrant and the sponging is so crisp and perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Two amazing cards. Stunning colours and I love your die cut stenciling. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.