Monday, February 17, 2020

Altenew, Pinkfresh, Hero Arts

Finally sitting down to post some cards.  A couple I already shared on IG.  First is my entry for Altenew February Inspiration Challenge.  I wanted to use Majestic Mistletoe for more than holiday cards, so that's where I started.
Really--it's just foliage with berries if you don't know it's a mistletoe stamp.  The inks are Altenew Just Green & Sweet Leaf with Memento Cottage Ivy & Dandelion.  I didn't use the berry layering stamps.  Found it was easier to add a dot using a black fine point pen.  The Wild Rose was die cut from 2 shades of yellow cardstock, but I made a 3rd by clear embossing the top layer.  Can't tell, but there's Stickles on the center.  The sentiment from Painted Greetings was stamped in Versafine Clair Onyx.  Finished off with black splatters & HA yellow ombre sequins.  I'm also entering DCDThe Snippets Playground (black, white & one yellow scrap) & Time Out.
Grab our BadgeSnippets Playground Badge
Next is my entry for Pinkfresh February challenge.  The retired Felicity collection has pretty much the same colors, so I used the little hearts paper for one element in the sketch at FMS.  I may have changed things too much to qualify for that challenge.  I mailed this to a blogging friend who just moved to a new house.
Then I found the right color cardstock for the Dainty Blossoms die cuts which I tied with Spellbinders twine that was a perfect match for the card front.  The sentiment is from the Felicity stamp set & I finished off with black sequins.  I'm also entering DCD.
Grab our Badge
Recently I watched THIS VIDEO by Gina K.  Love seeing a technique with beautiful results that I can actually do!  I was so inspired I made 2 cards--yah!  The beautiful 2012 HA Leafy Vines stamp worked great.  For the first card I used PTI Blueberry Sky & then dabbed on color with several blue Zigs.
I found you can do it all at once like Gina did or you can stamp the base color & then add the darker colors, repeating until you're happy.  The sentiment from the 2011 HA Find Joy set was black heat embossed & I added 3 black Pico Embellisher dots.  Surprise, surprise--I had to try a pink version! 
The base color is PTI Pale Peony & I dabbed on Berry Sorbet.  Just for fun, I spritzed with shimmer spray--so beautiful in person.
The sentiment from Find Joy was stamped in Versafine Clair onyx & I added the Pico Embellisher dots.  This card is much more vivid in person.  I love both versions & plan to try a few more color combos.  I'm entering the blue card at ABNH, Virginia's Show & ShareWAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



25 comments:

  1. Oh Greta you grabbed my attention with that first yellow lovely! And you kept on going with the lovely cards. So happy to see that favorite HA Stamp leafy vines in your last two cards. I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so very well designed and gorgeous. Great choice of images for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a feast of florals! These are all lovely! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful selection of cards, Greta. My favourite is the blue celebration card - absolutely stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful challenge creations. Thanks for the links. I'm interested in watching the video for the leaves and vines card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you they are all so marvelous. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our February challenge.

    I love finding more ways than one to use a traditional stamp and I would never have known the first card leaf was mistletoe. And I LOVE the Leafy Vines stamp and always have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy and the results are fabulous! I think the last two are my favorite. They're so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful set of cards, Greta! Loving the set of cards created with the Hero Arts background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, how pretty! Each card looks divine! I'm gonna go check out that Gina K. Video... I really love how those 2 cards turned out! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Greta! Your die-cuts look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards Greta. Your Altenew rose is so beautiful. And love the Hero Art floral scroll looks great done in the technique Gina used. I was trying to think what stamps I could use - never considered this one! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta you have another set of just so beautiful cards, I love them and how you make the last 2, although the same, look different. Super work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. a fantastic set of cards, Greta - lovely yellow rose and you'd never know that was a mistletoe sprig;such pretty soft colors in your second card; and have always loved that leafy vine stamp and it's so pretty in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards Greta - and I love reading about how you made them. Little tips are always so useful.I read what you commented about leaving reviews and then there being unpleasantness if you don't give the supplier top rating. In this particular case, where there was an animal involved, it seemed right that we should express our concerns. But, it did unleash a pack of hungry wolves on us.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...so many beautiful and gorgeous cards. Love those fabulous backgrounds, they really make your cards stand out! But your first card with the sweet yellow flower steals the show, over the top gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have spoilt us with these glorious and very beautiful cards ....Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, every one of them and thanks for the link to Gina; I enjoyed watching the process and will be sure to try it. Yours turned out so prettily. The die cut flowers really pop on the hearts and yellow background and I admire the way you adapted the Mistletoe stamp to create the first card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delightful creations, Greta! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS! Glad to see your lovely work. I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great group of cards on this post, Greta! I'm especially fond of the 2nd one with the dainty blossoms! 😍😊👏🏻 It arrived in our mail this afternoon and brightened up our new home! Thank you. (this is the first time I've been able to comment. Don't know why I was blocked before on several blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aren't they pretty!! Beautiful set of cards my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That die cut bloom looks gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this February at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful use of the Altenew colors, I love the different shades of green and yellow. That flower is gorgeous! Thank you for taking Time Out and joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are so very sweet Greta, I especially adore that sweet Altenew 3D flower (these are addictive to me lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So lovely, I really like how you added shading to your card for the A Blog Named Hero challenge! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.