Thursday, February 27, 2020

Friendship, Birthday, Christmas

I learned about Wonder Stix from my friend, Ivana, a long time ago.  Finally used a 50% off coupon at Michaels to get them.
Tried them out by coloring 3 Pinkfresh Dainty Blossoms sprigs.  I used a water brush to smooth the color.  Ivana says they're fabulous for vellum, so plan to try that next.  The sentiment from Delicate Wreath was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne & I added splatters with a black Zig.  I entered the Pinkfresh February challenge via IG.  I'm also entering Double D.

I've had 2 of the SSS Painted Happy Birthday die cuts on my table a long time.  Finally decided to use them or throw them out!
I stacked the 2 together & embossed with SSS Rose Gold ep.  It's so pretty, but I don't use it much.  Instead of putting it with gray or navy, I decided to try PTI Sweet Blush & Pale Peony--love it!
I used Pale Peony ink with SSS Square Dance stencil.  The SSS Peeking Daisies were inked with Pale Peony & covered in Nuvo Glaze.  Finished off with PPP Rose Gold sequins.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 143, SSS Wednesday & (words & daisies) The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge

I HAD to have the Honey Bee Poinsettia Background stencil, but didn't use it for any cards last year.  Now that is crazy & thanks to this card it won't be true for 2020!
I used the simple technique of inking with Versamark & embossing in gold on a green panel.  Then I trimmed the panel to A2 size & used the retired SSS curved die.  I mounted the panel to a cream card & attached the MFT joy die cut.  It was cut from red glitter tape attached to cardstock for stability.  The little sentiment from W&W was gold embossed & attached with foam tape over the word.
Debated about adding sequins, but I really like it as is.  I'm entering Retro Rubber (W&W sentiment from 2015), Rudolph Days & SSS Wednesday.
RRCB 129
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



26 comments:

  1. What wonderful cards. All are so very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy and just look at the marvelous results! Your first card is wonderfully CAS and those little Wonder Stix sprigs look terrific. Your second card is my favorite, such pretty colors. Glad you finally used that stencil, it makes a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pink lattice card. Such a neat idea. The colour lookd gorgeous on your die cutsentiment. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all! They are each so fantastic and I like that you didn't throw away those Birthday word dies and found away to use them! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are three dynamite designs, Greta! I love them all! I'd love to try those Stix if you don't mind bringing them. They look intriguing. I really love the gold-embossed poinsettia background on green with the cool swoop and glittery JOY sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Greta. You have done an amazing job on all of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STRIKING and beautiful cards Greta. Lovely designs.. Thanks for entering into our SAYING HELLO challenge, and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
    {aNNie Designer for Double D challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully created CAS card, so soft and pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely "Hello Friend" card! Love the black with pop of color. All of your cards are beautiful. Thanks for joining the Double D, "HELLO" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very nice stash of cards here. I love the black and white Hello card with the pastel colors. Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delicate, fresh and pretty first card x. Such a feminine second card and the rose gold looks beautiful and glad you didn't throw them x. What a contemporary and fabulous Christmas card with a great design and wonderful texture x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet trio of wonderful cards Greta! Love your first one with those pretty pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All fabulous cards - and of course I adore your snippets card Greta. So elegant! And what a lovely design, as well as the stencilled background. Pink, pink, pink - I love it!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, another fabulous trio of cards. I love the delicately colored leaves in the first, the monochromatic pinkiliciousness of the second and that stencil on your third deserves much use this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fabulous set of cards, Greta! Cards one and two are so sweet and delicate. Number three is a real jaw dropper with the fabulous embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the look of your cards in this post . . . I particularly like those pretty daisies!

    Have had to relocate to the Playground Treehouse as Miss Di searched the back of the Bike Shed and confiscated some booty! Still got plenty to share from my satchel though. Come join the fun.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your cards are beautiful! I like the gold embossed stencilling on your early Christmas card. It's so striking on the green and the glittery red 'joy' really shines. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three wonderful cards Greta, lovely designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful set of cards, Greta! My stencils are neglected and your cards inspire me to grab that notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fantastic set of cards here Greta, especially the Christmas one. Thank you for joining in with the February Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creations Greta! What a sweet card using those Wonder Stixs ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hello’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well they are all beautiful but your stencil card is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All pretty cards, but the final stenciled card is WOWEE!! Love the gold on green. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three beautiful and diverse cards Greta; I'm a big fan of the delicate sprigs on the first card, the stencil work on the pink card and the lush look of the green and gold Joy card. The final one is an absolute knockout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards, do love the Joy card! We appreciate you playing along with us at Retro Rubber for anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Rudolph Entry looks stunning. Loving that embossed gold panel combined with the white dry embossed paper. The "joy" sentiment pop here.

    Sorry I am so late getting round to visiting. Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    PS Thanks so much for that special bit of cheer that I received from you. That was so kind of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.