Thursday, June 27, 2019

Altenew Homework



Somehow I missed the info regarding Therese's Altenew Academy 3D Floral Focus class.  Luckily, Betty posted some of her homework, so the next day I signed up & started watching the videos.  Love the class & I watched all the videos in 2 days.  Not sure when I'll finish the homework, but I do have cards made for the first 3 lessons.  I used Altenew Fantasy Floral Die set & Altenew Painted Greetings stamp set.

Day 1:  The Basics

I had fun making a red, white & blue card for my sister & brother in law who are both dealing with some health issues.  This will be instead of a July 4th card this year.   


The background was done with a Hero Arts stencil & Heidi Swapp Art Screen Ink.  The screen ink has a beautiful metallic sheen & I added some PPP clear confetti.  I'm also entering Inkspirational & SSS Wednesday.


Day 2:  Monochromatic

I used the same blue & white cardstocks I had out for my next flower.  Gotta say, I really love the look of this one.  For added fun, I covered the 3rd layer with prisma glitter--so beautiful!


The card front was splattered with the same blue ink I used for the sentiment.  I'm also entering ModSquad, WAW & SSS Wednesday.
Modsquad ChallengeGrab our badge:

Day 3:  Inlay Die Cut

This one was a bit tricky to do with the Fantasy Floral blossom die.  I almost gave up, but did end up with a flower I liked.  Hard to tell, but the bottom layer & card front are silver metallic cardstock.


Great to have used a lot of my bits & pieces, so I have fewer scraps left over.  I decided embellishments weren't needed with the sparkle from the metallic cardstock.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



23 comments:

  1. They are ALL so elegant Greta! I love the red, white, & blue theme you've got going on and the fact that they are "just because" types of cards and not just 4th of July... Beautifully done and I know your Sister & Brother in law will love that first one! Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally amazing Greta. Like you I signed up after seeing Betty's beautiful cards. Yours are just as stunning. I've started day one - hope to finish tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your creations - I struggled with the in-lay one too - and still haven't mastered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw the info either but probably too late now! I love your first card which has the colours just right . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really beautiful set of cards, greta! your sister and brother-in-law will be thrilled to receive the first one! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Greta!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOw for sure I have to sign up! The week got away from me, but I don't mind taking online classes after they have been live.

    Your cards are beautiful, love the oolor palette and the three unique designs using the same colors and die. You ROCKED it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful cards, Greta - love your red, white and blue color scheme - the monochromatic is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! These are so fantastic and wonderfully done. I love the red, white and blue creations you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so wonderful Greta and I am loving the red white and blue theme! Well done on the inlay die cut using the Fantasy Floral and the added glitter in the hello design was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I like these! What a wonderful idea to use this set with red, white and blue. Fantastic cards Greta. I'm sorry to hear about your sister & brother-in-law. I hope they're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creating Greta - I'm sure these pretty cards will be appreciated. Each offers something special and I love the pops of shimmer you've added. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. What striking colours Greta and really effective dies, your Sister and BIL will appreciate theirs I am sure.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really impressed with the results you have achieved. Such beautiful cards. I love the red, white and blue finish of them. I'm sure your Sister and brother in law will appreciate your thoughts.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful flowery cards with the red, white, and blue...so pretty! Great cards, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the floral die cut in all three wonderful and unique cards x Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so happy you got your 3D rose die going with stunning results! The first one is gorgeous! Congratulations on winning the Altenew gc on Virginia Lui's website too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful cards Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your red, white and blue floral cards! The background on the first one is so pretty with the silver shimmer and the design is an eyecatcher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards, Greta. The red, white and blue made a perfect 4th card. That was a great idea. I love the blue and white and the inlay is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful set of red/white/blue floral cards, Greta!! Especially love the thinking of you card with the texture - so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Greta! They are all so pretty and the colours are really striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just fabulous...love all your sweet floral cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.