Sunday, June 2, 2019

Birthday Birdie

As soon as I saw the IO Challenge theme is Feathered Friends, I knew I wanted to use IO Spring Chickadee--a gift from my sweet friend, Maria.  I gold embossed the bird & sentiment (IO It's Your Birthday) trying to position them to look like the bird is chirping the sentiment.  What do you think--did I succeed?


I used Bristol paper so I could add some color with my Zigs.  The body of the bird is "colored" with a clear sparkle pen.


I made a debossed frame using my Score Pal & attached the panel to a white card using Fun Foam.  There was a time I would never have layered 2 different shades of white, but then I saw Jennifer McGuire say it was a good idea & I agree!  I'm also entering AAA Cards, CAS on FridaySSS Monday & SSS Wednesday.
Feathered FriendsFor your blog
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. So pretty...love your adorable bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got the positing spot on Greta and such a sweet card, good idea using gold EP as well, gives a nice soft feel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I hear him chirping away with that greeting. This is so cute, Greta. I think Jennifer has become my Oprah! What she says, goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely a success love how you have coloured the bird and the sentiment is perfect too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice and sparkly feathery friends, looks cool. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. super sweet card, greta! love the cute little sparkly bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for the challenge, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that cute little bird is tweeting out that sentiment. The way you coloured in the bird looks fabulous and one very pretty card Greta x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, how Pretty! I love the gold embossing and your coloring.. the sparkle is fabulous!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I can just hear her happy birthday tweets now! Love the colors and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...what a sweet colored bird embossed in gold, so pretty! I recognized the bird right away! And, so creative with the sentiment! Fab card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sparkle on your bird is amazing Greta. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally smitten with your birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it and he sure does look like he is chirping the sentiment....so you did a great job aligning it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card with all the pastel colours and I can see how much the bird would sparkle in real life. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards 5th Birthday Bash, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fresh and sweet card with the chirpy bird and it's a great idea to combine the two whites. Jennifer is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards Birthday party! Hugs Ã…sa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Thanks for joining CAS on Friday as well!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.