Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Joy


I'm so happy to be Jo's Guest Elf at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  The theme is right up my alley:  Glitter, Sparkle & Shine!   I began by using Jennifer McGuire's stencil wreath technique.


The MFT stencil reminded me of retro Christmas ornaments.  I used Distress Inks barn door & worn lipstick through the stencil & blended on a scrap I die cut with a circle.  Fell in love with the MFT Joy die when a friend used it on the Christmas card she sent to me.  I've actually had it in my stash for over a year & finally used it!


I stacked several die cuts & then covered the top one with Nuvo Silver Moondust Glitter Drops.  I can't seem to make drops with this product, but it works great used like Stickles & has tons of sparkle.  The little sentiment strip is from Winnie & Walter's In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals.  Hope you'll head over to the challenge blog & see what inspiration Jo has for you.  Why not add a Christmas card to your stash & join in the challenge?



Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. WOW Greta. Such sparkle. Great card. I must try the stencils with the wreath, but seem to have misplaced my wreath template. Looked everywhere but can't find it anywhere. The colours are perfect for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're really becoming the expert on Jennifer's technique and such a gorgeous card you designed - and congrats on being the "guest elf"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Greta. Great stencil and lovely sparkling sentiment. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greta! I came for the Joy, and found that AND a gorgeous butterfly, too! Congratulations on your Guest Designer gig at Christmas Kickstart!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card so much, Greta - thanks for being my guest elf, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! So cool how you used the wreath technique to create your retro look Christmas card. Congrats on being a guest elf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So PRETTY! LOVE the sparkle on the sentiment! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your guest designer spot, greta! your card is fabulous! the stencil design does look a lot like retro ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design, Greta, I love the added sparkle. Congratulation on being a Guest Elf. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. And: Congrats for your GDT, Greta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is a gorgeous design and I love all the sparkle. And, congratulations on the guest designer position!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how pretty! Wonderful design for your Christmas card! Love the sparkly sentiment! And, congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And a better guest she could not have chosen! Your card is beautiful Greta. I love the font on the die cut word and all of that glorious sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being a guest designer at Christmas Kick Start Challenge, this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! this is lovely, great pattern and colour and I agree the "joy" is beautiful, a Lovely card Greta.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on guest DT, Greta! Just love the shimmery JOY in the stenciled background!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely, shimmery card in gorgeous colours Greta. Congratulations on your Guest Spot. It's almost the shortest day of the year here and time for me to start thinking about Christmas cards. I hope I can get a bit more organised by your inspiring card. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, love that shimmery joy on top of your stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Greta! Love love that wreath-stenciled background! You always so such BEAUTIFUL work!! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So gorgeous!! Your stenciling is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.