Monday, June 17, 2019

Big Butterfly

I'm finally making some progress cleaning out & organizing.  Still a long way to go, but I'm feeling less overwhelmed.  As I was going through my stamps, I came across an old Penny Black clear set called Butterfly Symphony.  Not sure I've ever stamped the large butterfly image & thought it might work to enter the nature challenge at Time Out.


My sister loves butterflies & the color blue, so that was my inspiration.  I stamped the butterfly & the Altenew Painted Greetings sentiment in Delicata Sapphire Blue & heat embossed in Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder.  I did a couple layers for the sentiment to make it stand out a bit more.  The sparkle & shine is so beautiful in person as you can maybe see in this close up shot taken at an angle.


For just a bit more blue & definition, I watercolored the openings on the outer edge of the wings using the same ink.  I die cut the card front with the largest rectangle in the Lil' Inker set as it just does the stitching.  Love having that option for a one layer card.  Finished off with little blue splatters & Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress dots.  I'm also entering PB&M, SSS Work It Wednesday & Die Cut Divas.
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blogGrab our Badge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



21 comments:

  1. I've not used that set for ages Greta but that Butterfly is a lovely one with the flourish in the wings and it looks very stylish stamped and embossed in blue with a matching sentiment. It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in our June challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I have never thought of die cutting the front of a one layer card like that-great idea and thanks for the tip. I just love the added gloss here and how you used much more for the sentiment. Adding the touch of watercolour, a lovely touch too. One stunning card! Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Greta! I love the color blue as well... The butterfly image is stunning!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image, greta. Looks fabulous embossed in blue, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, Greta and i'm sure sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous butterfly, Greta and that is such a pretty CAS design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable, Greta!!!!!!!!! Elegant and beautiful card. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous butterfly design. I love all the extra curvy details on it. Really outstanding card with the blue colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous butterfly, and how wonderful it looks heat embossed with all that detail. Good for you for cleaning out. I need to do that too! Want to come over? Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The epitome of CASliciousness, Greta! Blue and white anything and I'm swooning, so this checks all the boxes for me! Your sister will cherish this!! Keep up the good work with the reorg, it's worth it and feels so good when you're done. Wish I could have been there to help! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely card, greta! your sister is sure to love this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, such a gorgeous blue butterfly! I’m sure your sister will love this beautiful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would say your pretty blue butterfly has your sister's name written all over it! She's going to love her card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue and white to showcase that spectacular butterfly. It's truly wonderful. I like the stitched border too. I'm sure your Sister will love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes one colour and one big stamp are all you neeed; looks so good! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Greta. Your Butterfly is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully CAS - a lovely card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFULLY done, love the blue and it's shine.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love butterflies too. What a beauty. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful CAS card,Greta. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.